1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks for sharing the thoughts, and the awesome pictures : )

2. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks, we might consider it in furture design.

3. reapinItUP

reapinItUP Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2013
    How about some damascus and inlays. Fancy the knives up a bit.

4. douglas_lim

douglas_lim

Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  5. douglas_lim

douglas_lim

Jul 12, 2012
  6. gmorel1916

gmorel1916

Sep 16, 2014
    I would own every design they put out if they were tapped for left hand carry :(

7. crawler619

crawler619

Jul 3, 2014
    Love Reate's Knives, so well built, amazing Quality for the price!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    So aside from BladeHQ, where's the best place to shop for these badboys?
    I'm pretty interested in your Horizon-A model, but I'm also interested in some custom options. Acid wash, red pivot, etc. Nothing too crazy.

What's the best place to talk about these options? Facebook page? Email you?

9. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    We sent you a PM on this, please check. Thanks.

10. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks for your thoughts.

11. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks for your opinion.

12. Bigfatts

Bigfatts

Mar 12, 2012
    I handled the Horizon A in the pass around and was quite impreesed with fit and finish and overall function of the knife. Only reason I don't have a Reate is funding at the moment. I would like to see something in the 3.25" blade area with a carbon fiber scale.

13. Jtur7681

Jtur7681 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Had an ADV Butcher Midtech prior to owning a District 9. Same quality, fit&finish, and flips just as well at half the price!

14. EspionageStudio

EspionageStudio

Feb 12, 2012
    Sound about perfect to me :)

15. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Carbon Fiber inlays would be awesome, and I'm always a fan of custom pivots!

16. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Got mine yesterday,really like this one. I like the letters and numbers on the screws,a real industrial look. [​IMG]

17. gibmoniplz

gibmoniplz

Sep 17, 2014
    The only issue I have with this brand is that the knives are hard to find, even though they seem to be good value for the price. I am really hoping that the D9 doesn't go out of stock again before I can get one.

18. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    For the small titanium flipper, please strive for the blade length being just under 3 inches (75-76mm) so that you get the most coverage of locations with such legal limitations. Remember the American Knife and Tool Institute's Protocol for Measuring Knife Blade Length as follows: "the measurement shall be the straight line extending from the tip of the blade to the forward-most aspect of the hilt or handle.".

[​IMG]

Also, please make it as thin and narrow as possible for the best possible EDC. This should also drop the weight down to under 4 ounces (≈ 113 grams).

Note: I was so impressed with my recent acquisition of a Reate Hills direct from China that I ordered a Horizon-B and a District 9-A from BladeHQ earlier today.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  19. dano

dano

Oct 3, 1998
    Just received a District9, and it's one of the few production knives that have come with no defects. Centered, great lockup, no blade wobble, even edge lines. No manufacture dings. Overall, very impressive.

20. scottabrandeberry

scottabrandeberry Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I have examined both the Horizon A and B during participation in pass around, and am in line for the passarounds for the Hills and District 9. For me, it's only a matter of which model to get first!

By the way, Reate knives are way higher on my list of "want to buy" knives than the other two Chinese brands that I have examined. :)