Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

This is all nonsense already.How many auto makers are doing the led lights surrounding the headlights that Audi seems to have started,along with the Audi center grill,ive seen lexus copy other designs,and so many other car makers follow a similar trend. this is just one example.how come no one blasts curtiss for the spanto on the f3? or any assisted opening knife that isn't lisenced from ken onion ? we can go on and on and nit pick.who cares about this trivial nonsense,if the design is good and the knife is well made, who cares what styling cues might come out of it,borrowed or not. I have no problem carrying my district 9 and am proud to own it,it rivals many knives at more than its price.

Those are bad examples...

It's more like Lexus making an R8 clone, then selling it without Audi's permission...

This thread is about the opinions of actual users of Reate knives.

Hi guys. I am David Deng, the owner of Reate Knives. First of all, I would like to thank all your support for Reate and our knives. Secondly, I must declare that Reate has nothing to do Kizer. We started this thread to let the users share their opinions about our knives. Now it seems a little drifted away. Please keep to the topic. Thank you.

Any competition for the big three is good IMO. Looking at these knives on paper, they seem to be a hell of a deal made with high specs and high standards. I think a lot of the animosity stems from a perception the Chinese companies are stepping on the toes of the American knife market and no matter how eloquently people State their point, it sure smacks of discrimination. ZT didn't break the mold when they started making ti frame locks.

This is all nonsense already.How many auto makers are doing the led lights surrounding the headlights that Audi seems to have started,along with the Audi center grill,ive seen lexus copy other designs,and so many other car makers follow a similar trend. this is just one example.how come no one blasts curtiss for the spanto on the f3? or any assisted opening knife that isn't lisenced from ken onion ? we can go on and on and nit pick.who cares about this trivial nonsense,if the design is good and the knife is well made, who cares what styling cues might come out of it,borrowed or not. I have no problem carrying my district 9 and am proud to own it,it rivals many knives at more than its price.

Thank you

Stay on topic, if some feel the need to start a discussion regarding the lineage of a knife or the similarity between two different knives/brands, start another thread.

I have a Hills flipper and I will say that it is my favorite knife I've ever owned as far as function goes. I love the full flat grind on the blade as it makes for a very nice slicer in a well built strong titanium frame lock. Most knives in this category have blades that are better suited for stabbing instead of cutting. Right now I switch between my Hills flipper and my zt 454. Personally I really find the 454 to be a great knife with a beautiful look but the Hills operates more to my likings than even the 454. The fit/finish and build quality of the Hills is as good as better than any knife I've ever owned (pretty much all the big names). I look forward to Reate's future offerings. I hope the detent and flipping action as well as the rock solid lockup that my Hills has is something that Reate can recreate in all their future offerings which I'm sure they will. ALL the details are great and they haven't looked over anything in the Hills flipper. FYI I have no affiliation at all with Reate or any knife company.

I really dig the Horizon B and just saw that Blade HQ has them in stock so I hope to have one soon.

If I may ask a slightly off topic question, how do you pronounce the name Rea Te???

Last edited:
Just checked and they list the Horizon B but not the A in stock.
I just now went to BladeHQ and plugged in Reate Horizon A in the search bar, and again, there it was: ready to put in your cart. Same as yesterday.

Idk, all I see are many "brand names" under the same roof.
Ever heard about the whole luxottica thing?

Look at this adai on "that china website"; that milling pattern looks awfully familiar.. and that anodizing? Well, that looks reminiscent of another "certain Chinese maker"...

DC065165-BBF9-4D67-A995-6D3C28A6D0CC_zps3joohawv.jpg

It's not that hard to copy a milling pattern. There's nothing unique about that anodizing either.

I'd be down for a plain satin 0454 blade though.

The hills just might be my next purchase. I love how slim it looks, however I do wish they offered it with a 3.75" blade and factory annodized handles. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this company and look forward to trying out your products when my funds permit.

The pronounciation should be /ri:t/.

I really dig the Horizon B and just saw that Blade HQ has them in stock so I hope to have one soon.

If I may ask a slightly off topic question, how do you pronounce the name Rea Te???

Last edited:
I just received the Horizon A. My first impression, is that this feels and acts as if it were a custom knife. It flips and closes with little effort. No stick. Early lock up. Blade Centered. Feels good in the hand. Sexy recurve Blade. Awesome price. Perfect formula. Thanks David.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have over 70 knives and im still carrying the district 9 I got last week. ^ wish I didn't see the above may have to get that next....

Congrats cigarrodog. :thumbup:

I was able to intercept my order with BladeHQ and get a Horizon-A (M390) instead of Horizon-B (S35VN). It will join my current Hills and the soon to be arriving District 9-A. Family picture to follow later this week.

Back