1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, Nov 12, 2014.

1. mmarkh

mmarkh

Jul 16, 2005
    I'll pass.:barf:

2. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Those are bad examples...

It's more like Lexus making an R8 clone, then selling it without Audi's permission...

3. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    This thread is about the opinions of actual users of Reate knives.

4. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Hi guys. I am David Deng, the owner of Reate Knives. First of all, I would like to thank all your support for Reate and our knives. Secondly, I must declare that Reate has nothing to do Kizer. We started this thread to let the users share their opinions about our knives. Now it seems a little drifted away. Please keep to the topic. Thank you.

5. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    Any competition for the big three is good IMO. Looking at these knives on paper, they seem to be a hell of a deal made with high specs and high standards. I think a lot of the animosity stems from a perception the Chinese companies are stepping on the toes of the American knife market and no matter how eloquently people State their point, it sure smacks of discrimination. ZT didn't break the mold when they started making ti frame locks.

6. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    edited to respect reates wishes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  7. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    Thank you

8. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Stay on topic, if some feel the need to start a discussion regarding the lineage of a knife or the similarity between two different knives/brands, start another thread.

9. jrblucky7

jrblucky7

Feb 10, 2013
    I have a Hills flipper and I will say that it is my favorite knife I've ever owned as far as function goes. I love the full flat grind on the blade as it makes for a very nice slicer in a well built strong titanium frame lock. Most knives in this category have blades that are better suited for stabbing instead of cutting. Right now I switch between my Hills flipper and my zt 454. Personally I really find the 454 to be a great knife with a beautiful look but the Hills operates more to my likings than even the 454. The fit/finish and build quality of the Hills is as good as better than any knife I've ever owned (pretty much all the big names). I look forward to Reate's future offerings. I hope the detent and flipping action as well as the rock solid lockup that my Hills has is something that Reate can recreate in all their future offerings which I'm sure they will. ALL the details are great and they haven't looked over anything in the Hills flipper. FYI I have no affiliation at all with Reate or any knife company.

10. cncpro11

cncpro11

May 28, 2012
    I really dig the Horizon B and just saw that Blade HQ has them in stock so I hope to have one soon.

If I may ask a slightly off topic question, how do you pronounce the name Rea Te???

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  11. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    KnifeWorks is now carrying both District 9 models. BladeHQ now carries Horizon-A with M390.

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I just now went to BladeHQ and plugged in Reate Horizon A in the search bar, and again, there it was: ready to put in your cart. Same as yesterday.

13. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Drill and tap them so they would also be lefty friendly for carry...

14. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    It's not that hard to copy a milling pattern. There's nothing unique about that anodizing either.

I'd be down for a plain satin 0454 blade though.

15. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    The hills just might be my next purchase. I love how slim it looks, however I do wish they offered it with a 3.75" blade and factory annodized handles. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this company and look forward to trying out your products when my funds permit.

16. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    The pronounciation should be /ri:t/.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  17. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2007
    Not each one...But I'd own a Horizon A for sure.

18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I just received the Horizon A. My first impression, is that this feels and acts as if it were a custom knife. It flips and closes with little effort. No stick. Early lock up. Blade Centered. Feels good in the hand. Sexy recurve Blade. Awesome price. Perfect formula. Thanks David.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

19. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I have over 70 knives and im still carrying the district 9 I got last week. ^ wish I didn't see the above may have to get that next....

20. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Congrats cigarrodog. :thumbup:

I was able to intercept my order with BladeHQ and get a Horizon-A (M390) instead of Horizon-B (S35VN). It will join my current Hills and the soon to be arriving District 9-A. Family picture to follow later this week.