Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Nice Austonh. Based on your watch pocket, I see you also subscribe to the two is one and one is zero mandate. :) To some it seems overkill.

[video=youtube_share;VuWzeoIr7J4]http://youtu.be/VuWzeoIr7J4[/video]

Last edited:
Nice Austonh. Based on your watch pocket, I see you also subscribe to the two is one and one is zero mandate. :) To some it seems overkill.

[video=youtube_share;VuWzeoIr7J4]http://youtu.be/VuWzeoIr7J4[/video]

Haha, sometimes yes. But that is my Maratac copper AAA flashlight in the watch pocket. Great little light I got yesterday.

Haha, sometimes yes. But that is my Maratac copper AAA flashlight in the watch pocket. Great little light I got yesterday.

I have that same CountyComm Maratac AAA "Copper" Flashlight for over a year now. Very unique and powerful 2-stage output. Mine has patinated nicely but I laid it away before it becomes green. :) It's really copper like my Hinderer Investigator copper pen!

Being so close to the Pacifc Ocean plus sweaty walks I try to stay to non-corrosive metal alloys. Sometimes I think I'm the corrosive element and I may not be too wrong! :)

Great work , Erik !

Horizon -B

IMG_1295_zpsa89c86fb.jpg

IMG_1297_zpsa23faf93.jpg

IMG_1299_zps4ee359fc.jpg

I have that same CountyComm Maratac AAA "Copper" Flashlight for over a year now. Very unique and powerful 2-stage output. Mine has patinated nicely but I laid it away before it becomes green. :) It's really copper like my Hinderer Investigator copper pen!

Being so close to the Pacifc Ocean plus sweaty walks I try to stay to non-corrosive metal alloys. Sometimes I think I'm the corrosive element and I may not be too wrong! :)
I know what you mean. I also try to stick with stainless steel. I used to think it was that salt air and the salt water that caused the corrosion, but I believe a big part of the problem is due to my own perspiration. Whatever. :rolleyes:

So I received the Reate passaround knife from BladeForums and it's a nice knife. Fit and finish is really custom level, the tolerances are on par with Grimsmos I've owned. And for being though not 1 but 2 passarounds it's still in great shape. Its really solid and flies open. It's a great knife. I'm going to use the hell of out it for a week and see how it holds up.

7f14c80c09400c8d2d7f5acddaa55f79.jpg
3bec1571d81ba1151940be292968077e.jpg
a254ef91133f19bd1769587ec3825960.jpg
91ebece7b9c3bf708b1c6f8038fd7a11.jpg
05c2e743e347f99854edff73fa227ec4.jpg
a44a5cab716ed0b824818a109aaa8b7c.jpg
5c11682c74d59c06eda018c24a27f332.jpg
1aa948f462887b83dba4ab9194a720fe.jpg
44942979ada4a8481338d7ba07e089f2.jpg
4bb08c1793f16a4209226c64bdb31832.jpg

Reate knives - "Horizon-b" custom version video share , great video by Jim skelton !

[video=youtube_share;50Tf7ibSe84]http://youtu.be/50Tf7ibSe84[/video]

Just a warning that the above video contains some graphic language. NSFW.

Just watched a video of a man cutting up a fresh chicken with a Reate like the one pictured from pass around. After he prepares the chicken he proceeds to cut thru uncooked leg bones, after it still slices paper cleanly. A close up shows very minimal damage. Pretty impressive.

I bought a District 9 about a month ago and I like it so much I have another on the way. One to use and one to keep. I am very impressed with the fit,finish,and function of this knife. It is nicer than some I have paid double for!

So I received the Reate passaround knife from BladeForums and it's a nice knife. Fit and finish is really custom level, the tolerances are on par with Grimsmos I've owned. And for being though not 1 but 2 passarounds it's still in great shape. Its really solid and flies open. It's a great knife. I'm going to use the hell of out it for a week and see how it holds up.

I know you and I have bumped heads and rarely agree on anything but I just wanted to thank you for looking at these knives objectively, and not holding the china thing against them. I really think Reate is going places and they are proof positive that china may in fact be a force to be reckoned with. Its a breath of fresh air for me to see someone not simply go "China? garbage. NEXT!"

I know you and I have bumped heads and rarely agree on anything but I just wanted to thank you for looking at these knives objectively, and not holding the china thing against them. I really think Reate is going places and they are proof positive that china may in fact be a force to be reckoned with. Its a breath of fresh air for me to see someone not simply go "China? garbage. NEXT!"
Thanks. Times are a changing. 10yrs ago you couldn't pay me to drive a KIA.. Now my Daily Driver is a KIA Koup and I love it. Reate will be a big player. If these 1st offerings are any indication there future will be a good one. And Dave is great guy to talk to.

Hi , I need to delete this video? Or just this once! Thanks !

I think he was just giving a heads up to viewers. My kids were in the room when he started dropping 4 letter words and the F bomb. Oops. Luckily my wife didn't see it happen.

Back