1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate/Pena X Series

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by kaput, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kaput

kaput

Mar 17, 2016
  2. videorecipes

videorecipes

Jan 12, 2017
    hadn't heard of it until now -- thanks for informing at least me!

i don't know what to think about it. i've never handled a peña before but i do have a reate-made liong mah lanny, and the knife you linked in your post looks an awful lot like the work they did for liong. i imagine they'd feel pretty similar, too. can anyone chime in on a comparison?

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I like it. I see some similarity to the Lanny in the handle design- in fact this one is called Lanny too. The blade is quite different from the other one. This one is intriguing.
    So is it sold out or has it not been produced yet? I'm guessing the latter.

4. kaput

kaput

Mar 17, 2016
    OD green G10 is still available. Carbon fiber and Ti jigged both sold out on Monday.

5. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    Oh ok, thanks. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of these.

6. smuiradise

smuiradise Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    There are some Ti and OD green available now at the Center and the HQ if anyone interested. I picked up a CF one but they appear to be sold out of that one now.

7. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I would like to see the Swayback flipper get a more production version

8. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    That CF one is the best, IMO and apparently most people agree. But I don't like the stonewashed finish.
    I'm saving my pennies for the Lambert and/or Jack.

smuiradise likes this.
  9. smuiradise

smuiradise Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    The Lambert X Reate collabs look awesome.