Recent additions

Me too! Naked is good! ...well most of the time;)

Noah keepin ya busy eh phillll? Happy for ya man! Its his time of the year now!

Hey Danny yeah Noah is a handful, in the best way possible of course. He's coming up on 2 years old pretty soon. Good kid.

Here we are at Lowes last week buying a new trash bin
20161210_151526_zpsifjal0l4.jpg~original

He loves to get dirty
20161113_160144s_zps5l3t0hww.jpg~original

You got lots of family coming in this year for the holiday?

Monday.

15 minutes ago.

I'm almost regretting adding the finger grooves this evening, it was looking really good smooth. It feels very good in hand now and I'm not done yet, I may be able to make it look better before I'm done. If not, I got more wood.
Looking cool is job one.

Definitely lookin' good, Mr. B! :thumbup:

Just got this bad boy in on Tuesday, Ruination Bowie from JW Bensinger...

IMG_8166_zpsnds7uvuh.jpg~original

And with a couple buddies...

IMG_8185_zpseeysa1oj.jpg~original

I recognize that Bowie. I saw JW post it on his Facebook page. Didn't know it was yours. He does beautiful work.

I've got my heart set on some forum-ite knives too.. I want a blade with a corn kami mark from the cornpatch kami

I've got my heart set on some forum-ite knives too.. I want a blade with a corn kami mark from the cornpatch kami

I don't have anything from the Corn Patch Kami, but I've got something even rarer. I have a piece made by the Outhouse Kami.

The cornpatch kami swears he's retired and not making any more muzzle stuffers or knives. Claims # 400 built from scratch is enough. I really don't believe him and I hope with enough pressure we can keep him at it. I know he does a lot of repair and fixing and the man is a magician (in addition to a voodoo priest) at whatever he lays his hand to.

I cherish the items I've received from him and they'll be kept in a place of honor long as I'm drawing air into thine lungs.

Awww, the outhouse kami, you best watch that one, he's slippery that one.

Well not to let the cat out of the sack but that would be me. The outhouse mark just seemed appropriate.
I'll let Scara fill in the blanks.

OK I waited a couple of days...who is and why are they the outhouse Kami?

So a while back I asked Bawanna to make me a wooden WWII kukri as a training weapon. I also asked that if possible he make it so it balanced like a real kukri. He modeled it off of a 16.5" WWII kukri in his possession, and he delivered far beyond expectations. In the hand his wooden kukri feels exactly like a real kukri. The only way of telling the difference is that the total weight is lower, but the balance and feel in hand is identical. I just picked it up for the first time in a while, and it is a lovely knife in hand. Frankly I would love a metal WWII with the same weight and balance as this one. Bawanna is a master of woodworking in my book. He had never before made a wooden kukri, but on his first try he made what I consider a masterpiece.

As for why he chose an outhouse as his kami mark, well he just did. I had no part in that choice.

Does look kind of nice in the picture. That was quite awhile back.

The spots on the blade and I think on the handle but can't remember for sure are pencil lead trying to add weight.

As Scara said the balance is pretty correct but the overall weight was not near enough. Just too much wood and not enough lead I guess.

Does look kind of nice in the picture. That was quite awhile back.

The spots on the blade and I think on the handle but can't remember for sure are pencil lead trying to add weight.

As Scara said the balance is pretty correct but the overall weight was not near enough. Just too much wood and not enough lead I guess.

The spots are indeed pencil lead that you used to adjust the point of balance. And while at 12 ounces the weight is indeed much lower than a modern HI WWII model, it is actually quite in line with an original WWII-era WWII model kukri. So I do not consider you to have failed. I consider your Wooden WWII to be a complete success.

I think it is awesome. Thanks for sharing. This is just another special piece of HI lore and very dear to me.
I spent a couple hours in the shop freeing up the kiln and band saw. Hopefully I can start to monkey around with some wood and steel now.
We will see...

I think it is awesome. Thanks for sharing. This is just another special piece of HI lore and very dear to me.
I spent a couple hours in the shop freeing up the kiln and band saw. Hopefully I can start to monkey around with some wood and steel now.
We will see...

It's one of the things I love about HI. Right here there is a community unlike any other. We share information and stories freely, we come to each other's aid with prayers and assistance whenever asked, we share a love of HI, and it's not at all strange for us to engage in unexpected gift giving.

Just be sure to show us your creations.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Bawanna even added the U.B. to the other side of his creation. Uncle Bill may have passed on, but he's still around.

Uncle Bill is legend and will live on forever. Yangdu is a living legend and she too will live on forever as well.
I might as well add Pala to the list as well. I was deeply honored and so fortunate to have an audience with the man and family.

Always happy thoughts on those visits.

We will see...

Keep us posted brother! Im trying to do the same. Id love to see your work in progress:thumbup:

Back