Recent additions

With a 45 all you need is one a piece. You've heard the phrase 45 cause shooting twice is just silly?

Although my hands and wrist are showing high mileage, might have to drop down to 9 for practice.

I have 40's but don't really cotton to em, too much flip for carry.

I have a Para P14 in my night stand. Used to carry it. The officers here bought it for me when I had a operation on my head 15 years ago or so. Thought it would help me recuperate. They were right.
I was out 6 months laying around. That P14 went from night bed to day bed all the time. Was a year before I ever put bullets in it but I was sure familiar with it.

It's actually the gun that kicked off my grip making hobby. I wanted to find some nice wood handles for it and nobody made them at least at that time. So I decided to make my own. Kind of a tough gun to fit but got me started back in the sawdust.

If it's worh shooting, it's worh shooting twice :D
The army left me with a boundless hatred for the 92 series Berettas...but the mags are everywhere, and cheap so sometimes I think about getting a cheap one...

If it's worh shooting, it's worh shooting twice :D
The army left me with a boundless hatred for the 92 series Berettas...but the mags are everywhere, and cheap so sometimes I think about getting a cheap one...

LoL, so much changed with the Army since I got out. Perfectly good .45's replaced by semi-acceptable 9mm's and I hear they are going to Sig P320's to replace those 92s mow. Not sure how they made that decision but I DO like my sig P250 so the striker fire version of the same gun might be a happy choice. Select the round for the mission. HATE .40 they snap when they fire and you haven't got any extra benefit for the annoyance.

A recent gun class made me rethink about investing in load-bearing gear.

Now all I can say is that I should have gotten this sooner.

New loading bear gear!
HSGI Slim slotted battle belt
HSGI Riggers belt 1.75" with cobra buckle
HSGI pistol magazine taco

Holds all the old gear!
California Competition Works Shell caddies (will also hold 5.56 PMAGS)
Blackhawk dump pouch
KT Mech Akela holster for Sig SP2022
ZT fixed blade

mDfwEhI.jpg

Hi Scara, naw, I'm just an average dude who enjoys shooting and training how to better run what I have whenever I get the chance.

Not having a proper setup at the last course really proved detrimental when running something that's out of what I'm used to and I was fumbling with reloads, falling over rough terrain, etc.

christcl, a day at the range with you is on my short list now! You could show me how to run this mossy 930!

85118-catalog.jpg

I've always been a Mossberg guy myself. I butt heads with the officers all the time, most devout Remington 870 guys.

I like the controls much better on the Mossy myself. Never played with the auto loader or any auto loader but may do so at some point. After switching to an over / under for trap, I as is pretty common forget to pump my old 500.

Most guys with over/unders go with auto's for the mate.

Have a Mossy 590 12 gauge it is very comparable but I slightly prefer it to the Rem 870 I owned for years. On the other hand for autos I prefer the Rem 11-87 over the Mossberg 930 though I had a 1100 for a while and like the Mossy better than that one. Quirky I know, but there it is.
Though if I am shooting trap I usually prefer the CZ Redhead over/under.

I'm old. Sam Browne gear, Winchester Model 12 or 97 pump, Remington Model 11 semi auto and any Government Model size 1911 I might choose for the day. Trap Remington 90T.

I love the model 97 Winchester, don't have one myself. One of my favorites. I have a model 12, they are nice too.

Two best pump guns ever made IMHO. Impossible to afford if made these days. Only one negative, the 97 will take the top off your thumb joint if pumped at waist level. It tends to hurt and bleed a lot. A mistake most likely not repeated.

Yeah, I'm old. The Mauser C-96 is another one of my favorites. I regret I didn't buy a .45acp Chinese copy when they were readily available. I had quality/safety concerns at the time which have proven to be unfounded.

Don't own a shotgun myself, but I recently was asked to inspect and clean a Sears M200, which it turned out is just a rebranded Winchester 1200. It was in good shape. Just some minor surface rust in a few areas. Still shootable. Though if we're discussing older firearms that we really like, I like my Schmidt-Rubin K1911 Carbine. I checked the serials, and it was made in 1916, and it is in good shape. When I picked it up at the FFL I had it shipped to they told me it was the best condition one they had ever seen.

I just got a K1911 myself this last year. I thought it was alright but upon inspection at home I find the stock was cut up front.

Fooled me at the gun show since I really don't know much about them other than I wanted one. Haven't shot it yet.

Wish it was all original but I'm happy with it anyhow.

I just got a K1911 myself this last year. I thought it was alright but upon inspection at home I find the stock was cut up front.

Fooled me at the gun show since I really don't know much about them other than I wanted one. Haven't shot it yet.

Wish it was all original but I'm happy with it anyhow.

Pictures? I am curious. I'm guessing they cut off the portion in front of the front sling attachment point. That was a very common modification, even in Switzerland I think.

edit to add: Here's a great site for getting more info on them if you haven't found it already: http://www.swissrifles.com/

Back