1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Recent projects

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by R APPLEBY, Aug 10, 2019.

1. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted anything. Here are some recent projects.
    Hope you like em.

Ruana (Styled) Model 30A

[​IMG]

Camp Knife
    [​IMG]

Chef Knife
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    JackHammer, FOG2, Dawkind and 6 others like this.
  2. seanj

seanj

Mar 1, 2010
    Beautiful work! I had to open the page in Chrome though. Firefox wouldn't show your images. Don't know why.
    I'm also curious about the top section on your first knife. It looks like peened brass? I haven't seen it done that way before

3. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    :( I can't see the pics either...

4. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    you are a versatile fellow

Dawkind and R APPLEBY like this.
  5. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    The strip is bronze, it is peened like that because that is how the original maker did it and I was trying to emulate that.

The pics are hosted on BF, if you are not signed in you wont be able to see the pics.

Thanks all

loftin, Dawkind and seanj like this.
  6. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    nice pieces ! :thumbsup:

R APPLEBY and Dawkind like this.
  7. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Nice builds! The overall simplicity of that camp knife just lets that rams horn scream though, that’s pure awesome.

8. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Fantastic wrk all the way around, that Ruana is absolutely stunning!

R APPLEBY and Dawkind like this.
  9. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks Fellas

Dawkind likes this.
  10. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    ALL are exceptional but I love the rectangular mekugi for the saya.... :cool:

R APPLEBY likes this.
  11. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Nice clean Beautiful work !!!

12. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks all

13. lmbhami

lmbhami

Aug 20, 2008
    Bob received the Bowie knife today. WOW pictures don't do it justice Amazing work as always

14. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Always a pleasure Eddie, glad ya like it, had a good time doing it. Thanks

15. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    What did you do to the Ruana knife? I don't see Ruanas stamp. Did you copy it?

16. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Yes, I copied it

17. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Love that Ruana replica. Impressive!!

18. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks Matt