Recommend me a front pocket wallet

I'm ready to make the switch from carrying my wallet in my back pocket to the front.
Any recommendations for a front pocket wallet?

image.jpg image.jpg I've carried a Fidelo minimalist wallet for years. Slim light efficient.

I’ve been through a pile and haven’t found what I wanted yet.

Closest thing is the front pocket wallet with spring money clip from Duluth Trading but I only get 2-3 years out of them.

If a money clip wasn’t necessary I’d get a Saddleback.

I do believe Horsewright here on BF offers a front pocket wallet.

There are many out there at ll sorts of price points. I carry a Gundeck from Das Offene Meer (although I carry it in back rear). Das Offene Meer Kam or Kam +. Craft & Lore Port Wallet is also a good choice. Benjamin Bott Pelican. Popov 5 card. ...Lots of choices.
Peter

I used a Big Skinny mini card holder for a long time. I don't like straps or clips for cash on the outside of many minimalist wallets. They have a spot to put folded cash inside.

Lately I've been using a slimfold micro that is made of Tyvek. It is more like a traditional folding wallet, but super thin and lightweight. Downside is that it starts to look beat up in a short amount of time. I've been thinking about upgrading to their soft shell material for my next wallet.

I also like the design of the Leef wallet, but never bought one because it's felt. I can see that getting sweaty and gross in the summer, which is why I also avoid leather wallets.

Last few years I’ve been carrying a simple, leather, two slot, card holder. No clips, bands, gimmicks, or hard edges. Just simple and functional, holding only the essentials (dL/credit/debit/ins/etc.). Not even sure where I got it from, but it was cheap (maybe even free).

I see some of the outrageous prices for some of the front pocket wallets, with titanium clips, carbon fiber inlays, RFID blocking, and even some bordering on too big for a front pocket, and I just shake my head. To each their own, but my cheaper works just as well, and takes up much less space.

Here’s my front pocket wallet. Holds cards, a classic and has an elastic for cash. I love it.

c014fbc7f5cb8ef335109404d3761af1.jpg

c8121eaebffc96ba16629d90cd0fe08a.jpg
a09e66dde5262d7636b2e416b7988276.jpg

Allett

I had one for 10 years and only replaced it because I damaged it.

Here's mine. Homemade. Sorry, can't recommend it though, as it's a two of a kind. First one made for my wife. I liked it and was jealous, so made one for myself.

rKTvQj5.jpg

9CBHPcl.jpg

RfFwINz.jpg

RGSIXLG.jpg

0KB3MCp.jpg

kYz8IIb.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah we have several different types, and sell a lot of them. This one is water buffalo leather and is the style I carry:

aF2ChtV.jpg

I just lay this down horizontal in my left front pocket. Not carried anything else in years.

We use different colored stitching too:

KlyN79K.jpg

A recent addition is a money clip style using a magnet money clip. These have really been popular. Seems like the wife is always ordering more magnets, she makes all these wallets.

CMrtMo7.jpg

TcPyUZD.jpg

5lDB3xy.jpg

oLwjAas.jpg

Yeah we have several different types, and sell a lot of them. This one is water buffalo leather and is the style I carry:

aF2ChtV.jpg

I just lay this down horizontal in my left front pocket. Not carried anything else in years.

KlyN79K.jpg

A recent addition is a money clip style using a magnet money clip. These have really been popular. Seems like the wife is always ordering more magnets, she makes all these wallets.

CMrtMo7.jpg

TcPyUZD.jpg

5lDB3xy.jpg

oLwjAas.jpg

Dave, I absolutely love your design. Wondering if the magnets are strong enough to have ever caused issue with credit card mag strips?

aF2ChtV.jpg

KlyN79K.jpg

CMrtMo7.jpg

TcPyUZD.jpg

5lDB3xy.jpg

oLwjAas.jpg

I've got a card wallet on the way from Nichole. Dave, you're welcome to slip a couple of those $50s into mine to get it started.

Dave, I absolutely love your design. Wondering if the magnets are strong enough to have ever caused issue with credit card mag strips?

No Nichole has been using one herself (in turqouise gator print) for quite a while now. No problem with the cards. Springfield has the magnets but ya gotta play with the leather some to get it right. too thick and not enough hold.

Aw heck Shann, probably just Monopoly money!

I pulled the trigger on a ridge wallet in CF. I get it Friday so cant give my opinion yet. However people I know that use them said they would never go back to a regular wallet.

Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

I've used a Secrid wallet for a year or so and love it. I use the one without the snap, and has two leather pockets and a bill fold.

Back