Recommend me a good hunting knife

What you got? Im constantly on the look out for a good hunting knife.

At the moment i got Fallkniven F1, S1 and H1. Bark River Bravo 1 and 1.25, Gunny Hunter and Ext 2. Some Moras and a EKA Swingblade.

Need more. What?
Also, not really into folders. Especially for hunting. And, mostly midsize game.

SOG SEAL Pup. Get the cheap, non-Elite (no jimping on spine) version.
Razor sharp, grips well even when covered with claret, serrations slice through ribs like a hot knife through butter.
I got rid of my EKA for a SEAL Pup, best move I've made.
2nd choice would be a Cold Steel Master Hunter. Really nice design and the flat grind blade is excellent.

If your budget will handle it, a Lucas Forge Jack Pine Special. Went through two deer with one last year and really like how it handles.

Sounds like you're pretty well set already. The best hunting knife IMHO is Cold Steel's Master Hunter, which you can now get in 3V. Mine is in Carbon V, easier to sharpen than 3V, and takes a fine edge. Mine now has a patina from processing a fair number of moose, black bear and caribou. It may not excel at all-round cutting chores with its broad drop-point, though it will do fine for camp chores too, but there's no better when it comes to field dressing, skinning and processing big game. The Kraton handle gives good grip even in cold and wet weather, covered with blood and grease.

Same... Love knives but have a thing for 3.5-4.5" hunting knives.

Couple of my current favs in no particular order:

Malanika Hunter in 4V
Fiddleback Forge Recluse in A2
Cohutta Ocoee in O1
Alex Dron Custom E4V1 in S45vn
Bark River Gunny Hunter in 3v
Bark river Fox river LT in Elmax
Bark river rising wolf in S35vn

Also have a Bravo 1.25 LT in 3v and a CPK FK2 but those are both a bit large for my taste.

Definitely check out some makers like fiddleback, cohutta, CPK, Malanika etc...

Yeah, im pretty set. But hey, why not a couple more..

As for the Cold Steel Master Hunter, good idea, but it seems at bit close to my Fallkniven S1. However, a diffrent grind so, ill think about it.

A Pukko, sure, i could use one more.

Keep them coming!

Same... Love knives but have a thing for 3.5-4.5" hunting knives.

Couple of my current favs in no particular order:

Malanika Hunter in 4V
Fiddleback Forge Recluse in A2
Cohutta Ocoee in O1
Alex Dron Custom E4V1 in S45vn
Bark River Gunny Hunter in 3v
Bark river Fox river LT in Elmax
Bark river rising wolf in S35vn

Also have a Bravo 1.25 LT in 3v and a CPK FK2 but those are both a bit large for my taste.

Definitely check out some makers like fiddleback, cohutta, CPK, Malanika etc...
That Fiddleback Forge really hit the spot! Have to check up on that one more.

Factory knives keep going up.

Even the semi customs / mid tech.

For $150-200 you can get nice customs made exactly like you want.

Anybody had any experience with the ESEE Ashley Game Knife? I've eyeballing this one up like I need another hunting knife but I do find it interesting.

RB

How do you feel about CPM154 and vintage micarta?
Tmlr3MR.jpg

can't say enough about Michael Morris knives, Hunter #8, he is a treat to work with, absolute quality, good price and a hell of a good guy to work with. Like he says these ain't no sissy knives.
Troy

Svord skinners,rounded points for less hide & gut perforation, from whitetail to wapiti.
2.2mm thick
Curved Skinner 5 3/4
Model 677BB
212-thickbox_default.jpg

Utility Skinner
Model US
5" blade
200-thickbox_default.jpg

(370BB) Drop Point 4 3/4
213-thickbox_default.jpg

Argali Outdoors - Carbon or Serac knives
Benchmade - Steep Country, Saddle Mountain (S90V) or...coming soon Meatcrafter
Bradford knives- Guardian 3.5 or 4.5
White River Knives
Alex Dron (adknives)
Robert Erickson (Ericksonknifeworks)
L.T. Wright - Sm. Northern Hunter

I'd say go custom if you can! I'd recommend Phillip Patton!! He'll work with you on a design till you like it! His grinds are phenomenal! Nice and thin behind the edge too! Check out his Instagram! He made mine to my exact wants! Nice thin grind up front for skinning & thicker beyond the belly for heavier work!122920-1.JPG IMG_20210121_183054.jpg

Back