Recommend me a Kukri

I am new to Kukris. I just learned of them and have been doing a lot of looking. I want one to use for brush clearing, wood chopping, general outdoorsman type use and maybe some kitchen use. I think I want somewhere around a 12 to 13 inch blade, a sturdy and comfortable handle material and I am unsure about blade grind. Give me a few to look at that you think would fit what I am wanting to do with it. Good fun wood whacking around the campfire blade.

Hey there BlkNsilver!
I think we should be able to sort you out with a blade that'll be able to sort you out just fine.
We had a similar question recently where a forum member was looking for a similar versatile first khukuri.
If you check out this thread it has a lot of great info in it.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/kukri-question.1725061/
Maybe it can give a bit of clarity and then I can help out with any more detailed questions after :)
Take care,
Andrew and the Team at Kailash

Order received! Should be a very solid little panawal :)

The info in the other thread you linked me too was very helpful as were other threads including the picture thread. I spent the better part of Sunday morning studying the different models, blade lengths and weights. When it comes to chopping and moderate to hard use how well do the horn handles fare?

Hey there!
Sorry I missed this for so long, for some reason this thread wasn't marked as watched.
Horn handles are plenty tough and hold up really well for impacts. They're pretty hard though and can transmit quite a bit of shock compared to wood or stacked leather though.

You guys are great. I have received emails from Binsu Thapa showing my knife in different stages of production and then in finished form and have received multiple emails since it was shipped. I am expecting it to arrive in the next couple of days. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

Last edited:
You guys are great. I have received emails from Bins Thapa showing my knife in different stages of production and then in finished form and have received multiple emails since it was shipped. I am expecting it to arrive in the next couple of days. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

Create an Imgur account and load your pictures to it. Click to edit the picture and resize it something like 800x800 (put in one size and it will choose the second) and save it. Then click on it and copy the Direct Link (it will make sense when you see it). Then click the image icon in the post reply bar above here, next to the smiley face, and paste the link in there. Should show up.

Got it today. These are photos sent by Binsu Thapa. Very Happy with it. Great Guys to do business with also. This thing is really nice. I will be posting more pics soon.
6UQ4uJ0.jpg

Q6gJXAU.jpg

jIPpOHF.jpg

ern6RSp.jpg

b8XbNhO.jpg

Q7wzYD6.jpg

Last edited:
That's looking great! So shiny and new right now. Would love to see some pics once it's seen a bit of work and has gained a few stories :)

Back