Recommendation? Recommendation on a quality midrange tactical flipper?

Hey guys, looking to get a recommendation on a quality midrange flipper. Looking to spend $350 - $400. I'm mostly interested in Mid Techs but production folders might be considered. 3.5 inches is my favorite size. I'm a fan of tactical folders because they're overbuilt but I want something very smooth and reliable for EDC and outdoor use. I have a Medford 187 flipper so I'd like something similar but on bearings. Thank you!

Freeman vote also here. To many options to not take a look. You can choose materials to fit your price not problem, and Jeff knows what he's doing considering he designed a few hits for Gerber. Excellent guy to deal with, and the quality is just stellar. It's a tank and easy to edc.

Matt Bailey newest model 2.2 has bearings now

Any of the ZT 0392 options would be my first choice. Possibly closer to the $400-$420 range though.

You do not need to spend that much. A ZT0562cf should do it for you. If you insist, a Hinderer XM-18 3.5" would be a good choice as well.

Anything ZT's would probably fit the bill. Never had these knives in person BUT the ZT 0562, ZT 0542, ZT 0601 would work perfect for you. All have awesome reviews.

So many choices in that range or below ... several great reccomendations already ... one I haven't seen mentioned that I got and quickly became one of my favorites ... the ZT 0909 ... its a big solid knife flies out when deployed and the blade shape I've found incrediblely usefully.

Last edited:
Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Harpoon Spanto. Brand new they are just slightly over your budget, but they are worth every penny!

If you like slightly under 3.5" knives then check out the Hinderer Jurassic. At just over 3.25" it is an awesome edc and user!

I know I love my XM-18, thick grind and all!

Back