Recommendation?

I'm almost embarrassed to make this thread but here it goes: I've been carrying a Sanrenmu 7094 for many years now. Who knows who they stole the design from but so far I have liked the tool set that it comes with. I'm looking to replace it with something that has similar chacteristics but that it is not made by a company that steals intellectual property and not made in a totalitarian country with concentration camps:

-Easily deployable locking blade under 3''(preferably).
-Phillips screwdriver.
-Flathead screwdriver.
-Can opener.

I'd appreciate any recommendation that would fit this criteria. So far in my radar are the leatherman free t2 and the swiza d04.

A Victorinox One-Handed Trekker (OHT) comes to mind, although the blade is a bit longer than what you'd prefer. If one-hand blade opening is not required, pretty much any 2-layer 84mm or 91mm Victorinox fits the bill...

A Victorinox One-Handed Trekker (OHT) comes to mind, although the blade is a bit longer than what you'd prefer. If one-hand blade opening is not required, pretty much any 2-layer 84mm or 91mm Victorinox fits the bill...

Thank you! I actually have the German army trekker but I've treated it as a collectible so far. Maybe I'll get another one.

Never heard of Sanrenmu so I looked up 7094 on Ali Express.

Sanremu7094.jpg

That's what you're talking about? The closest I can think of right now are Victorinox RangerGrip knives which are rebranded Wengers. RangerGrip 61 has your requested tool set with a 3.9" blade instead of 3" and it's $42 not $17 like your Sanrenmu.

Vic%20%20RangerGrip%2061%204-11-17_zpsgriyga9i.jpg

Thanks to SAK Guy for the photo.

Guangxi Sanrenmu Hardware & Technology Co. LTD makes cutlery and tools in Yulin, China. They make the CRKT Drifter, so now you'll have to boycott CRKT too.

Last edited:
Another vote for 111mm Trailmaster or One hand trekker, the 130 Rangergrip is nice, but it is a much larger tool/knife.

Never heard of Sanrenmu so I looked up 7094 on Ali Express.

View attachment 1451948

That's what you're talking about? The closest I can think of right now are Victorinox RangerGrip knives which are rebranded Wengers. RangerGrip 61 has your requested tool set with a 3.9" blade instead of 3" and it's $42 not $17 like your Sanremu.

Vic%20%20RangerGrip%2061%204-11-17_zpsgriyga9i.jpg

Thanks to SAK Guy for the photo.

Guangxi Sanrenmu Hardware & Technology Co. LTD makes cutlery and tools in Yulin, China. They make the CRKT Drifter, so now you'll have to boycott CRKT too.

Yeah that's the one. It's been a good knife and I like it a lot but I just can't get over the fact it was made by that thieving Chinese company. I don't own any CRKT.

The 3 inch limit or as close as possible is because I go very often to Los Angeles and there is a 3'' limit on blades there.

I recommend Victorinox Delémont Collection Evogrip S101.

2.3603.sc.jpg

The main blade is 2.5" and there is a clip point penknife blade instead of the nail file on most of these rebranded Wengers. The lock on the main blade is not a liner lock and its sole purpose is to keep you from closing the blade on your fingers. The flat-head screwdriver/cap lifter blade uses Wenger's automatic spring-pressure safety lock system. When you bear down it locks and will not fold. The scale inserts are black thermoplastic polyurethane to give a stickier grip when the knife is wet.

From what I've seen, Sanrenmu doesn't blatantly copy other knives. I couldn't find anything much like your 7094, so I went by size and functionality. I don't think you will find another multi-tool knife with a liner locking tanto blade.

That is indeed my first choice. Looks very good on paper.

They’re a well made product, highly recommended..and that’s from a Vic fan.

You all mean this?

KNI.1040.1000-510x642.png

By all means buy one, use it for a year and give us a review. We had one short review four years ago from Dangerously and his photos are all gone. Members three years ago called it expensive which it is not today. Reviewers on other sites called the backsprings weak but no complaints here.

You all mean this?

KNI.1040.1000-510x642.png

By all means buy one, use it for a year and give us a review. We had one short review four years ago from Dangerously and his photos are all gone. Members three years ago called it expensive which it is not today. Reviewers on other sites called the backsprings weak but no complaints here.
I posted a review in March

Back