Recommendations for a high end general knife sharpener

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good information on here!

After doing a lot of research, I decided to get the TSPROF Blitz Pro because it is affordable, built extremely well and anodized black, has a compact footprint and is just a beautiful mechanical piece of art in my opinion!

It has a very sophisticated angle setting system as well as a thickness compensator for different stones and has enough accessories to satisfy any of my future sharpening needs.

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good information on here!

After doing a lot of research, I decided to get the TSPROF Blitz Pro because it is affordable, built extremely well and anodized black, has a compact footprint and is just a beautiful mechanical piece of art in my opinion!

It has a very sophisticated angle setting system as well as a thickness compensator for different stones and has enough accessories to satisfy any of my future sharpening needs.
I'm sure you'll love it. The Blitz Pro is a great increase from the Original Blitz and Blitz 360. The Blitz pro has a whole new clamp bar and updated clamps that can be repositioned easily to where you want them. The original Blitz bar and clamps was a PITA to relocate the clamps.

You'll like the Blitz clamps. For their size, they are some of the most versatile clamps on the market!

I'm sure you'll love it. The Blitz Pro is a great increase from the Original Blitz and Blitz 360. The Blitz pro has a whole new clamp bar and updated clamps that can be repositioned easily to where you want them. The original Blitz bar and clamps was a PITA to relocate the clamps.

You'll like the Blitz clamps. For their size, they are some of the most versatile clamps on the market!
Just be sure to make use of the small flat tang area of a knife when clamping any knife. Use one clamp on the small flat tang area just in front of the handle/pivot, and a second clamp if needed closer to the tip of the knife. Used this way, the clamps are very secure.

Just be sure to make use of the small flat tang area of a knife when clamping any knife. Use one clamp on the small flat tang area just in front of the handle/pivot, and a second clamp if needed closer to the tip of the knife. Used this way, the clamps are very secure.

Thanks for the great advice!

Since the kit I purchased comes with 5 diamond stones, will those be fine for general sharpening? I read that diamonds should only be used on harder steels (HRC-60+) and was wondering if I might damage them if I ever decide to sharpen my Kitchen knives which are softer (HRC-56 or so).

Thanks for the great advice!

Since the kit I purchased comes with 5 diamond stones, will those be fine for general sharpening? I read that diamonds should only be used on harder steels (HRC-60+) and was wondering if I might damage them if I ever decide to sharpen my Kitchen knives which are softer (HRC-56 or so).

My pleasure, happy to help.

Regarding different steels with diamond stones, don't be too concerned about it. Just make sure to use some soapy water as a lubricant. A few drops of dish soap mixed with water in a squirt bottle does the trick.

If you use soapy water on them and don't use pressure at all when sharpening, then they will last a long time.

Diamond stones are very versatile and work well on any steel.

Back