Recommendations for first high end edc?

appreciate all the replies, olamic is interesting where do you all go about getting customs? Also any Tanto blade high end recommendations would be great really interested in this blade shape for high end.

How high is "over $350"?

The folder makers below offer combinations of licensed production models, mid-techs and custom knives in good, better and best quality levels. They are some of the most popular around. It is by no means exhaustive.

Anso
Bull
Burger
Cheburkov
Edgar/Cole
Emerson
Grimsmo
Hinderer
Hoback
Holt
Laconico
Liong Mah
Koenig
Medford
MILK
Olamic
Reate
Reeves
Rockstead
Shirogorov
Spartan Harsey
WE
ZT
Zieba

The inkosi and the 31 are fairly similar. They both use the ceramic ball lockup: a hardened ceramic ball in the end of the lockbar serves as both the detent ball and "lockbar insert". Makes for a very smooth lockup with no lockstick. The ceramic ball is EXTREMELY hard. It won't wear out in your lifetime

Differences: the inkosi has thicker blade stock.

The inkosi has the grooves in the handle. Alot of people dislike them, but they work great for me. The fit perfect.

The inkosi has an angled pocketclip. Another nice feature as it prevents pressure on the lockbar. The sebenzas clip runs straight along the lockbar

The inkosi has a thicker pivot as well.

One thing worth noting is the 31 lacks the famous pivot bushing everyone talks about. This is found in the sebenza 21. It allows the knife to have the same action, regardless of how tight/loose the screws are tightened. It also makes locktite not needed.

With the inkosi and the 31, purple loctite is recommended(and supplied in the box, with lubricant and assembly tools)

If you do go with the 21, also note it does not have the ceramic ball in the lockbar thingy. The end of the titanium lockbar is hardened. I haven't heard of any problems with it.

Regardless of what.you choose, if you like what you get, you'll want to get the other. You will never feel satiated

Hope you have a decent paycheck friend

Um, the Sebenza 31 sure does have the pivot bushing, just like the Sebenza 21.........

image.jpeg The best bang for the super steel buck (IMHO) is the Fantoni HB-01 in CPM S-125-V. It is offered in 3 sizes, the 01 being the largest.

Reactions: BP_
Reeve. Was my first high end . 300 plus knife . Then I went spyderco. Then trm .
Now I am geting a gillian falling star. A rising star in the knife world .
You might want to find a knife shop ? I think 20cv steel is the best going .
A reeve is never a bad choice.

Back