Recommendations needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
hindered Ranch Bowie first choice

Was also considering Dark Timber 1911 - need to pay over price which I’m not a fan of and wait for a drop of some jerk requiring 3 times the original cost but love the knife

Also considering lionsteel m4 m5

A little small but benchmade Perdue hunter

I prefer leather sheath

Love the shape of the Bowie and 5 inch blade but there doesn’t seem a hole lot of selection.
I’ve brought and sold folders all brands and pretty familiar but bushcraft and survival knives are a different purpose obviously . I used to own an esse 5 great knife great company a little heavy and limited by the shape of the blade. I’m looking to go a little nicer any recommendations of a mid size Bowie shape would be much appreciated

Define "Bowie" for us and maybe we can help. I'd be hard pressed to call the LionSteel M4 or M5 or Benchmade Pardue (not Perdue...he's the guy with the chickens) a Bowie, even in the most "historically inaccurate" sense. None is shaped like a Bowie. And its "Hinderer" :p

Do you want a knife with a 5 inch blade? A survival knife? A bushcraft knife? A Bowie knife? A clip point knife?

We need to have an idea of what you want before we can help.

Love me some spandex but there doesn’t seem a hole lot of selection. ;)

Can't go wrong with ESEE or Hinderer. What's your price range? Have you taken a look around the makers forums here?

Define "Bowie" for us and maybe we can help. I'd be hard pressed to call the LionSteel M4 or M5 or Benchmade Pardue (not Perdue...he's the guy with the chickens) a Bowie, even in the most "historically inaccurate" sense. None is shaped like a Bowie. And its "Hinderer" :p

Do you want a knife with a 5 inch blade? A survival knife? A bushcraft knife? A Bowie knife? A clip point knife?

We need to have an idea of what you want before we can help.
I completely agree was implying they where Bowie’s

Hinderer Ranch Bowie
Dark timber 1911
Two perfect examples of what I am looking for.
Sorry about the confusion

I live the shape it really becomes me the Hinderer or 1911 just looking for alternative Bowie makers.

Brand spandex cls sport-wear

And that has to do with this how exactly?

If you could be more clear about what kind of knife you want than what kind of underwear you wear we might get someplace.

Well, some of us might...I'm out. Good luck.

Naming 2 brands specific models doesn’t get more clear. It’s ok if you don’t want to answer but your questions seem like you just like to hear yourself talk

Ranch Hinderer Bowie
Or Dark timber 1911
Are both clear Bowie designs approx 5 inch with superior steels asking for more info?? I was simply looking for an alternative to those 2 very nice simple question that some how you have made difficult.

Maybe someone who isn’t so difficult could answer I was just looking for some help
And that has to do with this how exactly?

If you could be more clear about what kind of knife you want than what kind of underwear you wear we might get someplace.

Well, some of us might...I'm out. Good luck.
ameing

If both are perfect and you can't get one at a price you like, get the other one. The hinderer looks nice.

Looking for an alternative thanks I had no idea I could buy the Hinderer thank god for your recommendation. I don’t know what I would have done if you didn’t suggest that. Thank you so much

I’ve been eyeballing the Hinderer Ranch Bowie, but I already have the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Bowie, and it’s pretty damn nice. PSF27 is easy to field sharpen too. Good all around steel, it is the spray form of D2, but is not 100% corrosion resistant if that matters. I really like the kydex sheath with multi position G clip. 5.13” blade length, 4.57” cutting edge. Little over 9” long.
SiWrkte.jpg

vKtU6DY.jpg

Looking for an alternative thanks I had no idea I could buy the Hinderer thank god for your recommendation. I don’t know what I would have done if you didn’t suggest that. Thank you so much
You're welcome!

CPK :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
3V blade
Not a Bowie but as good a bushcraft knife your going to find
A variety of blade lengths to suit about anyone
And available from our own BF craftsman :thumbsup:

View attachment 1083159 View attachment 1083160
View attachment 1083179
This^
For what the op wants, besides whatever a Bowie means, can't be beat.
UvlZbf3.jpg

rOndNpl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back