Recon Scout carbon V

I just found this Recon Scout in carbon V. It is new in the box!! I assume it’s an older model. It has great balance! I didn’t take the sheath out of the wrapper but it leather. Is there anything I need to know about this knife? Is it a keeper?

View attachment 1228459 View attachment 1228458
"Is it a keeper"?? HELL YES! Good grief it'd among the best and Unobtainium today. Trying to find one like it that I can actually afford, the "new" Cold Steel has priced themselves out of my range. That said, except for a C5 Recon Scout, I got everything I wanted when CS was still owned by Lynn Thompson.

Cool, I didn't know one was in the works. Looking forward to seeing that. Why was O-1 abandoned?
A2 never happened...this thread is 4 years old. They claimed they couldn't get high enough quality so it was abandoned, and (eventually) replaced by 4034 and 3V.

Oh, I didn't notice the date on the post. Thanks. A D2 Recon Scout would be pretty cool as well. With the GSM take over maybe they don't even have the moderator account anymore. That account hasn't been used since 2020.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't notice the date on the post. Thanks. A D2 Recon Scout would be pretty cool as well. With the GSM take over maybe they don't even have the moderator account anymore. That account hasn't been used since 2020.
Watch that one place that often has rotating Cold Steel sales. I grabbed a 3v Recon Scout for $199 a year or so ago there. It's an incredible knife in an awesome steel. I couldn't ask for anything more in a big, but not too big, Bowie knife.

I saw those at the time, but didn't pull the trigger. I'm honestly more about smaller knives these days, even though I still think the trailmaster and recon scout are cool. Now I see the trailmaster is nearly at that price point.

Just seems like a beast of a knife that I probably don't need, but believe me I want it.

Back