Recovered a cheap barlow

J Just Tom.
Very nice, for sure way better looking than the original. I think I will try a few more mods on existing frames before I tackle building a frame. I worked on the Camillus a bit today, semi finished the bolsters and blade pins. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking and fine tuning to get both blades running right. And that was with reassembling Camillus parts, you wouldn't think removing one spring and liner and 2 blades it wouldn't be that bad lol. But I had to move a couple things around, because of the main blades krink to miss tools within the frame. I had to put a brass spacer back in so the main wouldn't clash with the liner. Walk'n'talk is good even though its dry with no oil on the joints yet.

J Just Tom.
Very nice, for sure way better looking than the original. I think I will try a few more mods on existing frames before I tackle building a frame. I worked on the Camillus a bit today, semi finished the bolsters and blade pins. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking and fine tuning to get both blades running right. And that was with reassembling Camillus parts, you wouldn't think removing one spring and liner and 2 blades it wouldn't be that bad lol. But I had to move a couple things around, because of the main blades krink to miss tools within the frame. I had to put a brass spacer back in so the main wouldn't clash with the liner. Walk'n'talk is good even though its dry with no oil on the joints yet.
Sounds like a cool project. Can’t wait to see the finished knife.

Back