Recurve for Les

Image_Bonus.asp

Thought you all might like to see this. It is another recurve headed to our favorite dealer and then on to his buyer. This is something new for me as the blade is 9260, clay coated, and quenched in parks 50. Normally for me 9260 shows a plain hardening line, which is the reason for the parks. I will let you judge the results. Specifications are 9.5 inch blade, 416 stainless and bronze guard, and of course ironwood. It is kind of beefy but it balances right in front of the guard. I sure hope this picture thing works.

Have a good one.
Brion

Great lines on that one, I am sure the customer will be pleased.
James

The fact that you quenched 9260 in #50 and it didn't explode gets you brownie points...lol. Great looking piece:thumbup:

Well you KNOW I like this design. ;) That hardening line is too cool for words. GREAT work Brion!

Roger

Brion:

AWESOME.......!

I don't know if my customer will get this one! :D

I think we have a winner! The blade is exceptional.

Les Robertson
Just smart enough to work with some exceptional knife makers!
www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com
Eatin' up the profits, Les? Good thing you don't own a French bakery. You'd be broke and weigh 400 pounds:D That is a good looking knife

Very nice lines/profile. Like the bronze, nice touch. Great temper line.
Is the clip chisel ground? Can't tell by the photo.

Hey Brian,
Good lookin', and the parks must have worked out, neat double hamon.
See ya'll at LR.
John

I've seen 2 of these Black Rapids bowies now, and the configuration has already reached the top of my favorites list with Jason Knight. I'm still not sure why Roger's BR bowie was not put on the 2007 best bowie list; if it had, I would have voted it #2 or 3.

This will become Brion's trademark bowie, especially when mated with that striking hamon and museum-quality, marblecake ironwood. When I order mine it won't have the bronze guard spacer, because I'm just an ultra conservative stick in the mud. But everything else will remain as is, since it's just about perfect, at least for me.

Ken

Brion,
Great job on the hardening line. Are you going to have it in Little Rock?
Lin

Brion: That knife is sweet in so many ways! The slightly dropped blade, the highly controlled (yet funky!) hamon, and the overall modern/classic look.

Kudos on the double hamon.

You did good on that one!

RJ Martin

This will become Brion's trademark bowie, especially when mated with that striking hamon and museum-quality, marblecake ironwood. When I order mine it won't have the bronze guard spacer, because I'm just an ultra conservative stick in the mud. But everything else will remain as is, since it's just about perfect, at least for me.

Ken

I've never heard it described as such - but that's absolutely perfect.

I would really like to see this in an 11" camp knife with a single guard and maybe a slim butt cap. Here's another look at mine:

orig.jpg

Roger

Back