• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Red DLT M390 madness begins Again

Exactly, and frankly, the people who only come here for the exchange are the people who bring most of the issues. RARELY do you see a long time active member throw everything away for a knife(i know there is exceptions to that). It's the exchange only folks that screw people over.

I'd rather deal with an active member everyday of the week, over the exchange only people.
Very true. It is gratifying to see guys on the Spyderco sub, actual community members who contribute, offering up a spare for zero profit. That should be de rigeur in this place. Fleabay is entirely another matter, and it is a shame they don’t just stick to that, but what can you do? :(

Exactly, and frankly, the people who only come here for the exchange are the people who bring most of the issues. RARELY do you see a long time active member throw everything away for a knife(i know there is exceptions to that). It's the exchange only folks that screw people over.

I'd rather deal with an active member everyday of the week, over the exchange only people.

I sort of agree. I have bought or sold to people who are only here to buy and sell. Some part of me is glad to have them here, because they make up a substantial portion of the potential buyers when I want to sell and sometimes they have stuff I want to buy. The last three buyers I had were people who had been on Bladeforums for a few years but were FSOT lurkers. Pricing is largely separate from their business practices. I will pay what I am willing to pay, or I'll pass if they want more than I'm willing to pay, but as long as the seller is up front about the price, takes Paypal G&S, communicates well, ships promptly, and the item arrives as described, I find it hard to complain about them screwing people over.

... but I'm still going to laugh at stupid prices and hope that no one is desperate enough to start turning 'stupid prices' into 'market prices.'

Regarding the PM2s, I think that the market does return to a normal equilibrium pretty rapidly. In the immediate aftermath of an SFO drop, there's always a bunch of people with high prices trying to test the waters on what the market will bear. In the past few months, fortunately, the market has told them they are not willing to pay a 100% premium over retail... and secondary market prices came down accordingly.

Me neither.

"New Spyderco Sprint Run Time" is also "Add More members to my Ignore List Time." :D
Same here. I just ignore all of them. Unfortunately it makes threads VERY hard to follow sometimes due to the sheer # of ignores I have added. :p

Funny story... I was selling a knife in the classifieds a month or two ago and someone from my ignore list wanted to buy my $90 knife. I told him his price was $200. :D He wasn’t pleased and told me to pound sand. I decided to do a GAW for the knife instead (new Spyderco Native 5). The best part is that the idiot actually entered the GAW. That’s balls!:rolleyes:

P.s. he didn’t win. :p

This flipping of the red Manix comes as no surprise to any of us I’m sure. I’d never pay a flipper a jacked up price so it doesn’t really affect me.

Very true. It is gratifying to see guys on the Spyderco sub, actual community members who contribute, offering up a spare for zero profit. That should be de rigeur in this place. Fleabay is entirely another matter, and it is a shame they don’t just stick to that, but what can you do? :(
Honestly, i thought the publically call them out method was best. Unfortunetly, there's nothing we can do within the rules except not support them by refusing to buy from them, which does absoluetly nothing because there's always a customer for those greedy turds.

Rip me apart, but we live in a free market society, luckily, still. Who wants to set up a “knife flipping profit allowance police force?:rolleyes:

Making a profit is one thing. Supply and demand.
It is the blatant screwing of BF members
to make a Huge profit.

Honestly, i thought the publically call them out method was best. Unfortunetly, there's nothing we can do within the rules except not support them by refusing to buy from them, which does absoluetly nothing because there's always a customer for those greedy turds.

Those people belong to the more Dollars then Sense club.

You will never get over on me like this.

I use the exchange to save money, not be ripped off.

Poor character I must say.

Making a profit is one thing. Supply and demand.
It is the blatant screwing of BF members
to make a Huge profit.
This exchange only member gains a profit, and loses a part of their online credibility. If I was to buy a knife on the exchange, I would take a look at the seller first. It is my personal choice. On the other hand, if a member wants that knife and will pay a flipper, I place no blame on the buyer.

Besides the possibility of internet lynch mobs, I think the biggest problem would still be that calling out flipping is still just preaching to the choir, because the egregious flipping is done by people who never leave FSOT and would never notice they were being called out anyway.

Besides the possibility of internet lynch mobs, I think the biggest problem would still be that calling out flipping is still just preaching to the choir, because the egregious flipping is done by people who never leave FSOT and would never notice they were being called out anyway.
Not if you could tag them ;)

Not if you could tag them ;)

Armslist has an interesting feature where you can flag listings as being overpriced. I'm honestly not sure what happens to listings that are flagged that way, but maybe you could do something where after enough different people flag something as overpriced, the thread gets a label prefix attached to it.

I agree with WValtakis WValtakis , Let them see how the overwhelming majority views their actions.

Armslist has an interesting feature where you can flag listings as being overpriced. I'm honestly not sure what happens to listings that are flagged that way, but maybe you could do something where after enough different people flag something as overpriced, the thread gets a label prefix attached to it.
What a great notion. Not sure if this platform could support it, but I like the idea.

Back