• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Red DLT M390 madness begins Again

And another one for the ignore list. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll also keep the seller in mind whenever I sell knives here.
Same. First person I have put on ignore. I was actually intending to pay international shipping and duty for one of those. But, nah. 7 minutes too late. Scalpers gonna scalp and I reserve the right to fart in their general direction.

Even a raffle will just be won by someone who's going to flip it. I for one would like to see a separate exchange hidden in the cove.

That is interesting. Though we don't discuss that in GKD.

Same. First person I have put on ignore. I was actually intending to pay international shipping and duty for one of those. But, nah. 7 minutes too late. Scalpers gonna scalp and I reserve the right to fart in their general direction.
Same here. I checked at 11:20 and they were sold out. Would like to have one because the Manix is my favorite Spyderco model. I’m definitely not going to pay that price for it, though.

Same here. I checked at 11:20 and they were sold out. Would like to have one because the Manix is my favorite Spyderco model. I’m definitely not going to pay that price for it, though.
I gather DLT might do another run of this. Let’s hold out, brother. They are represented here on BF, so we could discuss potential for a reserved list for contributing members. Worth a shot, maybe. Anyway, I can live without it for now. Just despise those who indulge in this sort of scalping. Thankfully, the vast majority of people here are very decent. It is a great place, with a few nasty elements.

This reminds me of the anecdote about R.W. Loveless charging 4,000$ for a knife because people would resell them for more than they bought them for and he might as well charge the going rate and cut out the middle man.

I gather DLT might do another run of this. Let’s hold out, brother. They are represented here on BF, so we could discuss potential for a reserved list for contributing members. Worth a shot, maybe. Anyway, I can live without it for now. Just despise those who indulge in this sort of scalping. Thankfully, the vast majority of people here are very decent. It is a great place, with a few nasty elements.
I agree. Definitely will hold out on buying one. Maybe since they sold out so quickly DLT will order another run of them.

The Manix is offered in so many nice steels I like.
M4, 52100, S90V, Cruware, XHP, 110V,
MAXAMET!

The DLT would of been one of those nice to have.

Maybe if the market settles I will get one.

Last edited:
The whole problem is that there are those that will pay a inflated prices..:thumbsdown: Time marches on..:rolleyes:
John

Yup.

The obvious solution is not a

“knife flipping profit allowance police force?"

but a "self-regulating outing members who keep the flippers in business buy buying their knives police force."

Shame the buyer members on the forum, they stop buying from the flipper members, flippers gut suffocated out of business.

I'm not a buyer or seller, but maybe one of the more passionate/vocal members should start up a thread or something. :thumbsup:

I have the blurple G10 (not the LW) skeletonised in S110v. Really can’t complain in terms of what I have. :cool:

M4, 52100, S90V, Cruware, XHP, 110V,
MAXAMET!

I have one in M4, 4V and Cruware. I didn't think the DLT one would sell out so quickly. Next time I will set a reminder.

Next time I see someone complain about the Spyderco price increase i'm going to direct them to this thread.

Anytime you have a product that not only sells out in 5 mins, but people can double the value on in the same week just means the product was greatly underpriced to begin with.

Next time I see someone complain about the Spyderco price increase i'm going to direct them to this thread.

Anytime you have a product that not only sells out in 5 mins, but people can double the value on in the same week just means the product was greatly underpriced to begin with.
:confused::confused::confused:

Underpriced to begin with? No. Just a limited run aimed at collectors, with scalpers capitalising on having swooped in at the right time. Unsavoury, as was mentioned above.

:confused::confused::confused:

Underpriced to begin with? No. Just a limited run aimed at collectors, with scalpers capitalising on having swooped in at the right time. Unsavoury, as was mentioned above.

I thought the price was pretty low considering what you are getting and the amount of interest people have been expressing over the past couple of months. But i'm new to collecting Spyderco's so i'm maybe incorrect. I just noticed higher priced ltd runs like the knife center carbon/ti military didn't sell out overnight.

That's only if you believe market pricing is the right answer. I know that some people are free market purists and would never question that, but others disagree. This is why you have makers running 'lotteries' for who can buy their $1200 knife at a show: If they didn't do that, and let the market set prices, the knife would be $5000 and have no chance of being enjoyed by a whole class of people. And believe it or not, sometimes it's more important for a knife to be carried by someone with $1200 to spare, than be kept in a safe and occasionally paraded on instagram by someone with $5000 to spare. Likewise it would arguably be better for this Manix to be used by people who want it, than used as a high-speed investment tool by those who don't.

the buyer members on the forum, they stop buying from the flipper members, flippers gut suffocated out of business
That will never happen as long as people treat the exchange like a cheaper version of fleabay.

If you required buyers to have paid memberships, the flippers would be suffocated overnight.

And believe it or not, sometimes it's more important for a knife to be carried by someone with $1200 to spare, than be kept in a safe and occasionally paraded on instagram by someone with $5000 to spare. Likewise it would arguably be better for this Manix to be used by people who want it, than used as a high-speed investment tool by those who don't.

Why? If someone uses their knives, that makes them better than someone who just looks at their knives or parades them on instagram?

And if a knife is bought by someone with $1200 to spare, that does not mean they wont lok the knife up in a safe or parade it on instagram.

If there are no rules here about how much money someone can make selling a knife (there aren't), or rules dictating who gets "first dibs" on a knife based on how much money they have or what they will do with it (there aren't), then cut off the flipper supply chain. Oldest military tactic in the book. Call out the supply chain.

Back