• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Red DLT M390 madness begins Again

If you think the secondary prices are high now just wait a few years when this one will be offered at 350 NIB...

Some got to many? They had a limit of 2 at checkout.
Yeah if folks are reselling the knives for many points over the original price within a day of the purchase they got too many.

Maybe folks like that don't even need any knives. Or if they're trying to go into "bidness" a dealer membership.

Even if you had a limit of one you could buy it and sell for more after you get it. Even though I was working and couldn't buy one, I'm not going to get pissed because other people got in on the deal. I thought it was good they cut down the limit to two on this one.

100% scumbags.

I posted in the other thread about this, but my awesome wife managed to score two.
I thought it was one, but when i was bitching about the flippers she told me two were coming.

Can i raffle one off for list price plus shipping and paypal fees?

Seems a fair way to get one to people that missed the maddness.

And this is why we need a dislike button, so everyone can dislike that for sale post

Tell her to flip it at 2X purchase price. Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Unfortunately some people will always flip the exclusives, I don't have a good solution for it other than limiting the number per household. We do welcome any feedback though, please send your suggestions to jordan@dlttrading.com

On the topic of some got too many, we did limit the max per household to 2. There are legitimate reasons to allow a purchase of 2, and the amount of people who bought 2 was pretty low compared to the amount who purchased a single knife. It definitely was not the norm.

I totally understand the frustration however, missing out on the chance to buy one without secondary market price markup can be irksome. We were surprised at how quickly they sold, and we will apply lessons learned on this to future exclusives.

Unfortunately some people will always flip the exclusives, I don't have a good solution for it other than limiting the number per household. We do welcome any feedback though, please send your suggestions to jordan@dlttrading.com

On the topic of some got too many, we did limit the max per household to 2. There are legitimate reasons to allow a purchase of 2, and the amount of people who bought 2 was pretty low compared to the amount who purchased a single knife. It definitely was not the norm.

I totally understand the frustration however, missing out on the chance to buy one without secondary market price markup can be irksome. We were surprised at how quickly they sold, and we will apply lessons learned on this to future exclusives.
Yeah I think everything you did was fair.

Maybe a staggered release? I get that for a store selling them all at once is an ideal situation from your perspective. Or some sort of staggered preorder or wait list.

Yeah I think everything you did was fair.

Maybe a staggered release? I get that for a store selling them all at once is an ideal situation from your perspective. Or some sort of staggered preorder or wait list.

Staggered release might be a good thing, and also reduce the sweating going into trying to ship 800-1200 knives in the space of an hour.

I think the big objection people have is that they have less than ten minutes to get in on a popular exclusive.

I agreed that a "Staggered release might be a good thing." I'm a bit new to all this and I have tried to get in on sprint runs in the past only to find that they sold out in minutes when I get home from work. Personally I have no problem with people flipping for profit especially if they can only buy one or two from the original drop. Most people work hard for their money and should feel free to spend it as they like but they should do some research first to make sure their not getting fleeced. $250 for a red scaled Spydie? give me a break! Only if it came with a second knife.

But two groups don't exist. The majority of flippers are normal active members using a different account. Just let the market play out. Buy or don't buy, who cares. An entire thread about the potential for flippers...........grown men....crying about a hobby.

Reactions: YPR
No evidence. I’m not a mod with IP privileges and most smart people would run a VPN. The community doesn’t have a huge subset of flippers. We have a sub group of members that have two or more identities.

No evidence. I’m not a mod with IP privileges and most smart people would run a VPN. The community doesn’t have a huge subset of flippers. We have a sub group of members that have two or more identities.
If you suspect specific accounts, report it...the mods will investigate. Multiple accounts will be squashed so quick it'll make their head spin;)

I agreed that a "Staggered release might be a good thing." I'm a bit new to all this and I have tried to get in on sprint runs in the past only to find that they sold out in minutes when I get home from work. Personally I have no problem with people flipping for profit especially if they can only buy one or two from the original drop. Most people work hard for their money and should feel free to spend it as they like but they should do some research first to make sure their not getting fleeced. $250 for a red scaled Spydie? give me a break! Only if it came with a second knife.

Hahaha that's valid. I'd buy a 20CV/red G10 Manix for $225 if it came with a Paramilitary 2 attached.

and we will apply lessons learned on this to future exclusives.

Just raise the retail price to $150 if you are planning a second run. Also before it is too late, raise the retail price of your upcoming red M390 PM2 to $170. By this point, you should know that these are the correct (but still fair) prices. If I truly want these two knives to keep/use them, I do not mind paying $20 more than their current retail prices.

P.S. I do not see this red Manix 2 moving fast at $185 here in the Exchange. $170 might sell quickly. $150 + shipping + insurance will bring it to $160, hence not much profit to flip for @ $170.

Just raise the retail price to $150 if you are planning a second run. Also before it is too late, raise the retail price of your upcoming red M390 PM2 to $170. By this point, you should know that these are the correct (but still fair) prices. If I truly want these two knives to keep/use them, I do not mind paying $20 more than their current retail prices.

P.S. I do not see this red Manix 2 moving fast at $185 here in the Exchange. $170 might sell quickly. $150 + shipping + insurance will bring it to $160, hence not much profit to flip for @ $170.

I think we saw this already on the PM2, which was something like $145 early on and $160 now. You won't see much flipping them, because you would need to ask for about $20 more than retail just to break even after fees and shipping.

I think we saw this already on the PM2, which was something like $145 early on and $160 now. You won't see much flipping them, because you would need to ask for about $20 more than retail just to break even after fees and shipping.

Right. Thats my point. And I knew DLT raised the red PM2 tlo $160. Just to further discourage flipping, may very well raise it to $170.:p

Right. Thats my point. And I knew DLT raised the red PM2 tlo $160. Just to further discourage flipping, may very well raise it to $170.:p

Let's not get crazy here. If we hit $170, we're inching into BBS territory, which is a different gripe.

Ugh. Some of the whining and crying about how much some people want to sell a knife they own is silly . It's not life or death. It's just a knife with a different color handle . You think it's too high = don't pay it . No one needs this or any other knife for that matter. I don't like it that some folks take advantage of demand, but it's not like any of these people are price gouging for food in a national disaster. Good grief there are so many other real problems in the world today . If some of you are so worried about doing something good for the community, how about volunteering to do some work and make food for a local homeless or woman's shelter . I did today. That will put things into perspective . Geez .

Back