Red M390 PM2 dropping 7/17

Aw Man, ran out of bandwidth today and missed all the fun. If you have an extra or want to part with your's hit me up via PM.

No way in re-scheduling the release of this knife. The show must go on, and it did, all the way up to the end! The way I see it is, you snooze you lose. It's just like a lottery when these knives are released. Don't hang your hat on this one boys, you win some, you lose some.

From Jason.

I wanted to take a moment to try to clarify what happened during today’s drop as well as how we responded. First of all, I would like to personally say thank you for the overwhelmingly positive emails and calls during our server outage. The level of support and patience during this extremely trying time for us was overwhelming.

Now the bad…I am a bottom line guy and our site failed our customers today. In my personal opinion the outage duration was unacceptable. Our ecommerce provider, Big Commerce, failed us in every way possible. We have their highest level of hosting as a large, enterprise store. We took further steps in the weeks leading to today’s drop to make sure their server network could handle the traffic. We were told that various stress tests were performed and that multiple server redundancies were available should they be needed. Our traffic would be handled with “no problem”. What happened was an utter failure with little to no support during the outage.

The duration of the outage and lack of communication was mind-numbing. During the outage we considered rescheduling the drop. We were essentially performing triage trying to figure out what would impact our customers the least. There was no perfect solution. In the end we chose to not reschedule because people had taken time off work and rescheduled their days for this drop. Much the same as a baseball game is delayed as late as humanly possible before rescheduling, we felt it was the most fair to persevere with the drop. Furthering this choice was the fact that during the outage we had no communication telling us when the site would be back up.

At the end of the day, we are clearly not happy with how the drop went. We pay for Cadillac hosting and were given Yugo service. It simply will not cut it going forward and we will take appropriate steps as needed.

I am however proud of my team’s effort. When lesser companies would have ignored the phones or turned them off during the outage our entire staff was picking up the phone and trying to make the best of a difficult situation. The staff worked through lunches and shipped the vast majority of the packages even with a greatly delayed start time due to the server outage. I felt we were well prepared and ready for what was by far our largest drop to date. Unfortunately, server issues threw us one heck of a curveball.

DLT will continue to evolve and grow and become more efficient. What will not change is our commitment to do all we can to serve you – our valued customers. I sincerely appreciate your time and understanding in this matter.

Jason Thoune, Owner
DLT Trading

Tuesday the 16th, from my home in rural Montana, I drove 93 miles to the bank to deposit $ for this special 11am sale the following day.
I skipped work waiting... my heart was racing as the time approached, logged in, one item in cart already with info prepped..ready!
Then...that all happened and I had to quit waiting for their server to reappear ‘whenever’ and I went to work.
Oh, I heard the dlt site just popped back on and the sale started randomly at 12:42 instead...

Dear Spyderco, please make more. I’d like to actually use one every day.
Dear DLT, I love the Arno Bernard I got from you but....Please call Spyderco and tell them I’m driving down to Colorado to pick up my PM2 M390 since I was in line on time but overlooked.

Add that while slicing vegetables for dinner tonight I dropped my BRKT mini-aurora on the kitchen tiles and broke the tip.

..and she keeps reminding me I said no more knives a year ago.

Tuesday the 16th, from my home in rural Montana, I drove 93 miles to the bank to deposit $ for this special 11am sale the following day.
I skipped work waiting... my heart was racing as the time approached, logged in, one item in cart already with info prepped..ready!
Then...that all happened and I had to quit waiting for their server to reappear ‘whenever’ and I went to work.
Oh, I heard the dlt site just popped back on and the sale started randomly at 12:42 instead...

Dear Spyderco, please make more. I’d like to actually use one every day.
Dear DLT, I love the Arno Bernard I got from you but....Please call Spyderco and tell them I’m driving down to Colorado to pick up my PM2 M390 since I was in line on time but overlooked.

Add that while slicing vegetables for dinner tonight I dropped my BRKT mini-aurora on the kitchen tiles and broke the tip.

..and she keeps reminding me I said no more knives a year ago.

Still available. The people that waited forever and gave up only to miss out now will probably be pissed.

I almost feel guilty. I decided not to go in on these because I didn’t want to stress over setting time aside, being fast on the keyboard, etc (you all know what I’m talking about). But when I heard about the outage and received an email about the fix, I calmly logged onto their site and ordered one. I even had enough time to second guess my purchase!

I really feel bad for those that planned things but missed out.

I was posted at my laptop here on vacation at Lake Tahoe... lol. Scored a Maxamet PM2 on the for sale section while I was waiting as well. My family was laughing at me a little... :p

View attachment 1163076

I love Tahoe! I only live 3 hours away and hope to make it back up there before the kids go back to school. That is an incredible view you have there. If you don’t mind me asking? Is this a hotel or a vacation rental home?

Don't tell anyone when your getting it let nature take its course, you won't have any problems....it's that simple, crimany

From Jason.

I wanted to take a moment to try to clarify what happened during today’s drop as well as how we responded. First of all, I would like to personally say thank you for the overwhelmingly positive emails and calls during our server outage. The level of support and patience during this extremely trying time for us was overwhelming.
DLT will continue to evolve and grow and become more efficient. What will not change is our commitment to do all we can to serve you – our valued customers. I sincerely appreciate your time and understanding in this matter.

Jason Thoune, Owner
DLT Trading

I'll take this moment to apologize for my frustrations earlier today, and give kudos to y'all for handling the poo sammich you received with grace and as much speed as possible.

In the end, I acted like a spoiled, childish snowflake, and the poo sammich should be mine for the eating.

Thank you Jason and Jordan. I understand your frustrations as someone who deals with near daily server outages at my place of work. It happens even though everyone says it shouldn't/won't/can't etc. I'm not sure if people are using bots now for these drops, but it is a good possibility and something to prepare for if you haven't already. Looking forward to future exclusives as I am sure you will have the site back in shape for the next one. Maybe a Red M390 SE Dodo? Or a DLC 20CV G10 Native?? Just throwing it out there while I have your attention. :D

Thank you Jason and Jordan. I understand your frustrations as someone who deals with near daily server outages at my place of work. It happens even though everyone says it shouldn't/won't/can't etc. I'm not sure if people are using bots now for these drops, but it is a good possibility and something to prepare for if you haven't already. Looking forward to future exclusives as I am sure you will have the site back in shape for the next one. Maybe a Red M390 SE Dodo? Or a DLC 20CV G10 Native?? Just throwing it out there while I have your attention. :D

Thanks for the suggestions! We always take them into consideration!

I'll take this moment to apologize for my frustrations earlier today, and give kudos to y'all for handling the poo sammich you received with grace and as much speed as possible.

In the end, I acted like a spoiled, childish snowflake, and the poo sammich should be mine for the eating.

No problem, we definitely understand how frustrating situations like this can be, it was extremely frustrating on our end as well.

Guess it was the capital letters “and DO NOT”
Following Jordan’s post saying they shipped most today and the remaining in the morning .
So your post can keep taken in a negative way and or just stating the procedure on shipping .
Personally I Don’t think any type of numerical order should matter when there shipped that day or first thing the morning but hey that’s just me :)

Your Caps trigger me now I need a safe space....Him probably (good lord)

Congrats to those who got them. I woulda liked one, but even without server issues I couldn't work it out financially this week so had to pass.

Your Caps trigger me now I need a safe space....Him probably (good lord)
Yes my son....
There are many triggers some more dangerous then others :)
EDIT: Just remember when you enter your safe space with HIM NO cuddling is allowed or FOOTSIES :D

Last edited:
Back