red scorpion six karambit

just noticed this new karambit from red scorpion six looks like a really cool knife has anyone used or seen this and what can this be used for besides martial arts, also is the double edge karambit legal to carry.
http://redscorpionsix.com/catalog/e...mbit-double-edged-karambit-kali-escrima-knife
IMG_4298.jpg

Looks interesting. I took a lot of kali and a modest amount of silat training but I never got seriously into kerambits. I have a couple trainers but haven't carried a real one. I would like to handle that model if I ever see one at a shop or knife show.

Thanks for the look!

DancesWithKnives

think i need some training tried to do a couple of the flips the guys on youtube were demonstrating. dont turn your hand in toward your wrist or it will look like this. my doctor is still laughing at me.glad it was only 3 stitches something tells me could have been worse, and i was using the smith and wesson folder version thats not sharp on both sides. yikes..

Attachments

• PICT0001 (2).jpg
    PICT0001 (2).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 39
Got mine today. Will give you a total review with pics in a couple days.

hope your better with one than i am. otherwise you may loose your hand with that thing being sharpend on both sides. may have to invest in a plastic version so i dont hurt myself. lol

I don't know if he's said who does the actual manufacturing, but his Predator WSK was made in China.

think i need some training tried to do a couple of the flips the guys on youtube were demonstrating. dont turn your hand in toward your wrist or it will look like this. my doctor is still laughing at me.glad it was only 3 stitches something tells me could have been worse, and i was using the smith and wesson folder version thats not sharp on both sides. yikes..

how where you holding the blade ?
i sure don't want to do that. i bought
the s&w version two weeks ago @
ceasar creek. been getting familiar
with handling.no cuts yet{not on me}
i'v practice all holds/hits.just curious
as to blade position, & such.more info ,please.

i was trying to do the flip that brings the hawk bill back to the reverse grip and it caught me on the wrist. i had turned my hand in toward my wrist, mistake. but taught me a nice lesson. be carefull doing the little flips. will bite you. got the stitches to prove it.

seen the photo. OUCH.
i told my pupils about
your cut.one said,"it
would be cool if when
his stitches where ready to
take out.'if he cut 'em out
with the karambit."
another says...
"WITH THE SAME HAND".

Last edited:
I had a problem with mine having the grinds uneven and the blade canted. I know that this seems picky but I wanted what I payed for. As soon as I notified RS6 of the problem he fixed it. Sent me a new one right away with a extra zipper case.
Out of the box it was razor sharp. The coating is very tough. I did not like that the laminate handle but for the price it is VERY well built. I would sooner it be one peice.
I will probably grind the back edge flat so I can carry it everyday. The serrations work great for rope ect.
For people making sheaths it works great for punching stitching holes and the back serration work wonderful for making stitch marks for where your stitching should go. It will cut patterns GREAT!!
They did a great job on the kydex sheath and you can even put a tek lok on it but the nylon belt loop works.
I think that this knife will work great for self defense. It is a ripping,tearing machine. I do not care for the black blade and it easily polishes with some work. The ring on the end needs the inside polished and smoothed due to waterjet marks.

Back