red trout

just got mine today (shipped to closed-down work, so took a bit for me to track it down). I got the elk stag one, and omg it's so nice. stiff pull as folks have noted, my arthritic hands will have can get used to it, 'cause it's love at first sight. sorry for bad pics. great job ea42 ea42 and Richard!
View attachment 1357037 View attachment 1357038

Very nice! I don't think I've seen one knife from this release that I wouldn't be thrilled to have.

Mine came in yesterday, sunset jigged bone. I can't find any flaws, beautiful knife. Looking forward to starting a nice patina on that blade.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200616161334050-COVER.jpg

3E7F48C2-E2CE-430B-8F2B-86E6622DAB49.jpeg
These beauties arrived today. I originally had ordered the blue rope and an abalone. But as we all witnessed, life changes quickly. I’m grateful for Richards vision and his family for stepping in to help fulfill the order. Wonderful work ea42 ea42 pulling these together. Anyone have an idea of what the bottom handle material is called? The box is labeled bocote wood, which isn’t correct. Possibly the dark red pressed stag jigged bone? Any guesses?

Matt congrats! Yes that's the pressed stag jigged bone. I was wondering where it wound up. I only had one pair of handles with that jigging. I believe it was a sample set sent to us at Canal Street years ago. Haven't seen anything like it since. Definitely not bocote LOL! I actually haven't see either of the bocote knives, or the box elder burl for that matter.

Eric

This new run is perfect, exactly what I want in a traditional EDC. I wish that I would have gotten in on the run. Hopefully, I'll be able to find one on the secondary but I somewhat doubt it with recent events. Everyone will be, and should be, treasuring these pieces of art :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to find one on the secondary but I somewhat doubt it with recent events. Everyone will be, and should be, treasuring these pieces of art :)
Yeah me too. Being overcome by events ( :rolleyes: ) I missed out on these. First run Red Trouts hardly ever come up for sale and they go fast. There was only 50 of them after all. Only 55 of the second run.
I'm sure the folks who scored one will enjoy them :thumbsup::)
Everybody needs a "grail" knife :D

View attachment 1361610
These beauties arrived today. I originally had ordered the blue rope and an abalone. But as we all witnessed, life changes quickly. I’m grateful for Richards vision and his family for stepping in to help fulfill the order. Wonderful work ea42 ea42 pulling these together. Anyone have an idea of what the bottom handle material is called? The box is labeled bocote wood, which isn’t correct. Possibly the dark red pressed stag jigged bone? Any guesses?
well said and a beautiful pair of covers/knives!

That Sarsaparilla Jigged bone has to be one of my favorites. I wonder how they were able to do so many different handle varieties.

Green Camel bone.
Fo7IwjY.jpg

cV4o463.jpg
That green camel is excellent. Might qualify for my favorite camel color yet..

Thank goodness I'd decided at the beginning of this year that I wasn't going to buy any more carbon steel knives. Really takes the sting out of missing these new Red Trouts.

Super creative and beautiful handles on this batch though. I'm loving the pictures everyone is posting.

Thank goodness I'd decided at the beginning of this year that I wasn't going to buy any more carbon steel knives. Really takes the sting out of missing these new Red Trouts.

Super creative and beautiful handles on this batch though. I'm loving the pictures everyone is posting.
that's what I said too (no more carbon steel), and then i snagged a red trout. now, no more....

Back