Redmeadow: Irons in the Fire

In that vein ^ I would propose a run of smaller MATE knives to the larger ones you have made. Mack might prefer to go the other way. :cool: ;) :thumbsdown:

I'm thinking of,eg., a 2.5 - to 3" stacked leather Smokestack mini - not a bullnose but more of a bird & trout profile to accompany the Bull on outings. Of course matching sheath etc. :thumbsup:

Just sayin'

Ray

...and Pinemoon Pinemoon - just start looking through the various threads in this sub forum. There are a bunch!

Kinda...
Is there a thread or site that shows your current work?
This part of the Forum has a lotta rabbit holes. I like smaller fixed blades, 2.5" blade length , roughly. Please and thank you.
No website or Model list, the best I can offer is my media gallery -HERE

The sticky at the top of the page will give you an idea of what we're all about.

Our rabbit holes are many, it's more of a rolling blog that documents my work.

If you watch the subforum, you'll notice the active progress threads and get a feel where things are at.

There's probably only one other person here that likes under 3" fixed blades, and that's me so you're in good company. I'm in a constant battle for shorter blades!

Gonna draw for Item #2 in a bit, one in eight chance on this one. I know we're here for knives, but this goes hand in hand Gents.

8 entries, picking between 1-1000 on random.org

and the winner is....

Discussion threads run by you guys about what you want might not be a bad idea either. A place for you guys to plant ideas in my head without me being involved.

If you guys can come up with the details together, I'll design something. If you can let me know things like Blade type, height, length, handle material, shape, thickness, carry type, tang type,sedge, finish, a Dibs list, etc, I'll get something put together.

Start however many threads you need. This subforum is yours as much as it is mine.

mitch4ging mitch4ging

Congrats Dennis! I'll get them shipped out in the morning brother.

Next item is ready to go.
This really makes me happy!
Thanks, Big John! I will definitely put them to good use!!
yUcnbiI.jpg

This really makes me happy!
Thanks, Big John! I will definitely put them to good use!!
yUcnbiI.jpg
You're Welcome Dennis, they're not much, but maybe they'll make a good hat hook or something in the shop. I'd probably drill an 1/8 pilot hole to give them a head start. The small one is a round nail, I used my nail header to bend it over in, worked good. The larger one is square.

Are we ready for Item #3?

Item #3 Congrats gunspease!
Pocket scribe - This is like the one I keep in my shop apron and use for everything from marking steel to leather. O1 tool steel, hardened point. These are handy in the shop for all kinds of odd chores.

We'll let this one run until Monday (March 4th)

RULES:

(See Post #1 for shipping and eligibility)

To ENTER:
Post the Item number and your favorite western movie, not a number between 1-100

20190225_154953-01.jpeg
20190225_155725-03.jpeg

1 - Rupestris Rio Bravo
2 - Spyderphreak Blazing Saddles
3 - Pinemoon Bone Tomahawk
4 - gunspease The Sons of Katie Elder

Last edited:
Back