Redmeadow: Irons in the Fire

Any requests for this weeks item? I'll fire up the forge later tonight and get this weeks Item made.
Congrats Greg, hope you find the Scribe handy.

So cool thanks it will be handy at work for marking engines. I’ll message you with my address. Thanks Greg

My fork attempt was an epic failure. Other than inexperience, my main issue was that the rod I started with (A36 3/8") had some striations in it and started crumbling on me as I thinned out the tines. Never had it do that before, I worked at the same heat I normally do. Anyways, I may have to invest in 1018 steel next time to get some consistency for projects like that.

A chopstick rest?

0d71c3819c726bcf6881b7e2f1ba5249.jpg

Looks kinda hard to screw up ;).

My fork attempt was an epic failure. Other than inexperience, my main issue was that the rod I started with (A36 3/8") had some striations in it and started crumbling on me as I thinned out the tines. Never had it do that before, I worked at the same heat I normally do. Anyways, I may have to invest in 1018 steel next time to get some consistency for projects like that.

There and I was hoping to help broaden your experience. Success :thumbsup: :)

A chopstick rest?

0d71c3819c726bcf6881b7e2f1ba5249.jpg

Looks kinda hard to screw up ;).

Or one MF wall paper clip - i.e., a paper clip "screwed up" to the wall through the hole, not yet included, that will keep your one sheet of paper all in one place :rolleyes:

I got nothin' :(

:D R

A church key? I'm a terrible artist, but something that looks sorta kinda like this?

IMG_3732.jpg

Edit - or maybe like this where the two "legs" are twisted together to make it stiffer? ;)

IMG_3732.jpg

Last edited:
These are useful - could be more votive candle size so much shorter and holding a candle in a glass rather than a taper.

Last edited:
The church key is a great idea.
Sitting at the hospital waiting for #4 grandkid and my youngest sons first I finally figured out how to post pictures. Thanks John it will be handy at work and should put lots of marks on engines and other stuff at the shop.

Last edited:
........Sitting at the hospital waiting for #4 grandkid and my youngest sons first I finally figured out how to post pictures. ......
Holy crap how did we miss this! Congrats Gregpa, hope everything went well, we're gonna need baby pics!

Glad I popped in here, I was gonna see if a steak turner is a good idea for the next doodad giveaway.

Here is a picture of Kiana is is my fifth grandchild. It is so funny having my son hovering over me and telling me what to do with her. Every sound and he is up looking at her. I have been reminding him that I might know what to do with a baby and laughing.
upload_2019-4-7_8-56-14.jpeg

Back