Redmeadow Model 1 (2nd run)

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Progress thread for the second run, the details should stay the same, but each run may have different options (mainly spacer material).

At the moment, these are spoken for, that may change, I'll let you know when I hear back from the Dibs messages I sent out.

Details:
Overall 8.6
Edge 3.75
Steel 52100
Steel thickness .10"

Options
Drop Point
Clip Point
Wharncliffe
Left or Right hand sheath
Amboyna Burl, or Blackwood front spacer

Blades are ground, guards and end plates are rough slotted. Working on a couple of custom orders as well, I'll be starting another progress thread for one of them shortly.
IMG_20180214_222712-1024x1820.jpg
Oh, what's in my hand? Possibly my best design yet, Mwuhahahahahaha

This is an exciting time in the life of a Readmeadow knife. Mysteries add to the mystery and 'citement :thumbsup: :cool:

Ray

The iceberg is thawing, I'm in a mountain of snow and couldn't see out for while, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, or wait...those might be muzzle flashes......crap.

Getting heat treat done on these today, they're having a nice little soak right now.

A bit of scorching through the anti scale compound, but no scaling to deal with. About to go into their temper cycles.
IMG_20180306_134811-1024x1366.jpg

Looking good! East Glacier set a new record with 20' of snow for the season so far, and we're close to record at ~6'. How've you faired, so far?

Looking good! East Glacier set a new record with 20' of snow for the season so far, and we're close to record at ~6'. How've you faired, so far?
Without my neighbors help, I'd be in one hell of a pickle this year. The snow drifts are over the fence and I've got a fox eyeballing my chickens every day, I may have to send him to the big chicken coop in the sky pretty soon. There's a nice wall of snow around the driveway that will probably be there well into June.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, there began a second run of Model 1's.
b4234.jpg

There was a discussion of a slightly extended guard, and thus begat that↓ Thoughts?
IMG_20180905_105821-1024x1366.jpg(Dibs guys, don't feel obligated, I realize it's been a while since we talked about these;))

Are those going to be cryo treated? :rolleyes:
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, there began a second run of Model 1's.
b4234.jpg

There was a discussion of a slightly extended guard, and thus begat that↓ Thoughts?
View attachment 979616(Dibs guys, don't feel obligated, I realize it's been a while since we talked about these;))

Back