1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Redmeadow Model 1 (2nd run)

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Feb 5, 2018.

1. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Do you hand stitch with saddle stitching?

lessismore likes this.
  2. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Ray, I appreciate that.

RayseM likes this.
  3. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Yes sir, hand stitching and saddle stitched.

mitch4ging likes this.
  4. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    You do a good job on 'em!

5. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Dennis, appreciate that man. Leatherwork tries my patience. I'm gettin these prepped to dye and I know I'm forgetting to do something before that I can't do after!

mitch4ging likes this.
  6. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    You're a very talented young man there, Mr. Conner! :cool:

Mack and mitch4ging like this.
  7. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Shel, it's just stubbornness!

mitch4ging likes this.
  8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Sheath bits and pieces.
    20181128_120630-01.jpeg

Rupestris, mgam and mitch4ging like this.
  9. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    The girls are off to the big city. Sheaths are dyed and dryin, my boy wanted to make hot things, so we were forging some S hooks when the Freight company called and said they're on their way with a tool that I've been wanting for a long while. Then maybe a trip down the road and hopefully wrap up the day with some hand stitching. That's a good day off, man I can't wait to retire so I can get some work done:D

Melvin-Purvis and mitch4ging like this.
  10. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    textgram_1543441093-01.jpeg

11. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    oohhhh what is it!?? what a tease! :rolleyes:

12. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Nothing spectacular but a bit of a game changer for the shop. It's s mini mill that will act as a variable speed drill press and a mill for slotting guards and end caps, cutting fullers, surfacing handle materials, things like that. You know, things that knifemakers geek out on:D
    20181128_150649-01.jpeg

13. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    excellent. sure is purty. congrats.

14. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Wow, that's pretty geeky!

Mill.jpg

I can hear it now... ;)

15. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Nice new addition to your shop John, looking forward to see what you do with it. I've been thinking about something like that for a while now too.

16. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    20181203_182054-01.jpeg

Mack, Rupestris, mgam and 1 other person like this.
  17. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    lessismore likes this.
  18. mgam

mgam Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    That’s a beautiful, rich color. I like that sheath style as well.

lessismore likes this.
  19. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Handy as can be, I'd actually like another one even smaller. I hammer my stitches down afterwards and the face is beveled enough where it doesn't mar the leather.
    Thanks, there's a tiny bit of "British Tan" dye in the mix that kind of brings the color closer to a shade of the stacked leather.

mitch4ging likes this.
  20. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    #socordovan :thumbsup:

TPVT likes this.