1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Redmeadow picture thread

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by TPVT, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Congrats, Dylan!
    Nice scores (disregard my question to you in the "totin'" thread. I figured out where you got it).
    Out of the 8 Serranos, you and I have the only 2 with a lanyard hole :thumbsup:

[​IMG]Serrano cross-draw by Pine Moon, on Flickr

2. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks Todd! Being Drew Estate, I bet those are good! Might pick up some of those too.

Redmeadow Knives and TPVT like this.
  3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, my friend. I've been thinking about making up a braided leather thingy with a cool bead or something for mine. If I had ordered it myself, I might have refrained from having the hole but it is perfectly executed, I might as well dandy it up.

I am a big fan of the Drew Estate Undercrowns - I have a few big'uns in my humidor. I didn't know they also had cigarillos, definitely will need to pick some of those up.

[​IMG]

4. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Do you have any clue how happy it makes me to see this?

5. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Whenever we get the chance to hang out again, we'll have a pile of Redmeadows between us. Great stuff!

Kept this guy close again today.

[​IMG]

6. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    A fine idea. I look forward to seeing it :thumbsup:

7. mitch4ging

mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Congratulations Dylan, two great workers right there!:thumbsup:
    The only problem with your Serrano is it isn't one of the super rare, HIGHLY valued, limited edition with the denim micarta!:D:thumbsup:

Pàdruig and Pinemoon like this.
  8. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't had those before, will have to give them a try. :thumbsup:

Agreed! :cool:

Not only the blue denim, but Bocote too... ;) :p

IMG_4638.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  9. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    That Bocote really does make a sweetheart of a knife...

That said, based on what I read in the build thread, that paperstone version I acquired is rather rare in its own right :cool:.

Mack likes this.
  10. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    That's the only Serrano in paperstone.
    Here's one of my favorites in paperstone with Blackwood and moon glow.
    20200408_234412.jpg
    20200408_235357.jpg

Pinemoon, Mack, Crazy Canuck and 3 others like this.
  11. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    That is just an exquisite knife, John. That close-up of the paperstone almost looks like thinly stacked leather.

Mack likes this.
  12. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Dylan, I really like the "grain" that paperstone has. I think it makes for a great spacer material and really pops with blackwood.

13. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Pulled a couple of pictures off of IG.

This was the result when the buyer said, "Make whatever you want to make".
    Screenshot_20200409-083607_Instagram-01.jpeg Screenshot_20200409-083621_Instagram-01.jpeg

14. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Well, this beauty arrived today - what a knife! Thank you again, Ray, for making this available to me.

The Smokestack Bullnose... It's a hell of a knife. It's a robust blade, with "fine" written all over it. Curves for days, the grinds are exquisite, and the coloring of the handle is dark and handsome (getting all hot over here).

The sheath is excellent. The dangler wouldn't be my first choice but there is no denying its utility. The laminated leather is a really nice touch.

Thanks again, Ray, and props again to John, you make a hell of a blade. (Again, this one won't be my last).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jfk1110, greatscoot, Dopic1 and 7 others like this.
  15. mitch4ging

mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Lucky!
    Nice, Dylan. :thumbsup:

Pàdruig likes this.
  16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Man oh man I hated to let that one go but after 2 years I realized it was never getting the proper use I intended. :( My life style has changed more than I have cared to admit. :confused: It had been relegated to kitchen work - a sad & unsuitable fate for such a knife. The Smokestack was/is exceptional in so many respects. As I told John at the time - it was the most beautiful of all my toys/tools. I have a violin which is right up there, as far as intrinsic beauty but the Smokestack holds its own. I could see Dylan starting a Redmeadow collection and then that the Serrano needed a big brother - seemed like the @Pàdruig house would be the perfect new home. Looks great on your handrail Dylan - with its new tribe. :)

Now please may I have an Redmeadow SD so that I can keep my cowbell :thumbsup:

17. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Congrats Dylan. Nice of you to oblige, Ray.
    That's a unique piece.

Pàdruig and RayseM like this.
  18. Dopic1

Dopic1 Irredeemable wood purveyor Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Not a great picture, but a great knife. Finding more and more uses for this guy everyday!
    [​IMG]

jfk1110, Pinemoon, Pàdruig and 4 others like this.
  19. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    That is one of my all time favorite knives by any maker.

Pinemoon, Dopic1, Pàdruig and 2 others like this.
  20. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    That bullnose is such a splendid form and then you add all of John's meticulous detail and craftsmanship and I agree Mack, it is a true and unique standout. If I had a mantel I would never had let it go no matter that it was languishing as a user, but in a drawer or on my shelf - just was making me sad. :(

Pinemoon, Mack and Pàdruig like this.