Regrind Benchmade Non Conformist

Hello there,

on Friday a friend of mine repaired the electrics of my beloved Belt Grinder (50x2000, 1,8 kW, variable speed).

So today I did my first serious regrind since 3 years or so.

Belts used: P60 VSM ceramic, P120 VSM ceramic and finished with 3M Trizact A160.

I also reground the swedge.

mobile.5ydi6y.jpeg

mobile.6nlicz.jpeg

Looks very good to me. A reason for that might be the flat platen i made also 3 years ago (D2, 61 HRC precision flat ground).

More to come ;) Hope you like it.

br Oliver

On first blush I'm not sure what the improvement is here.
Specs before and after ?
All this for a combination edge ?
Do you particularly like combo edges ?

Sorry to be so dense but what knife is the blade in ? ( Brand / Model )
Benchmade Non Conformist
oops; dense is the word :confused: . . . maybe if I have more coffee it will help me :rolleyes:

I'm glad the repair on your machine was successful ! ! ! :thumbsup: :)

Hi,

reason for the regrind was that the thickness behind the edge was too high nd the blade coating was scratched.

I do not like combo edges in particular, but I like Benchmades with combo edges.

And another reason for doing the regrind is because I love to do it ;)

br oliver

Hi,

reason for the regrind was that the thickness behind the edge was too high nd the blade coating was scratched.

I do not like combo edges in particular, but I like Benchmades with combo edges.

And another reason for doing the regrind is because I love to do it ;)

br oliver
Cool :thumbsup:

Yeah the regrind was to get the knife thinned out behind the edge. They cut so much better this way, as well as it being easier to sharpen a smaller bevel. I've done a few like this myself. Here's one of my very first attempts, a user-grade Pro-Tech. This one has been in my EDC rotation for about 10+ years.

20180917_084459.jpg

Back