Regrinds

gooeytek

Gold Member
Chris has skillz, yo.

14828832586_e027265e77_h.jpg

That 7 with the spanto ish grind is sweet. Mind pm'ing me what a regrind like that goes for?

They both look good.

gooeytek, I am glad you are pleased with the results.
I rather enjoy doing the regrinds and making others knives cut better.

Hmmm Yes perhaps a regrind is in order...

Curious if you do sheaths for other knives from other makers... ? I do like your low profile high retention kydex pancake sheaths...

Let us know :D (or me)

Just did this CRK a couple weeks ago.

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

It was done with my 36" radius platen. It was ground to .007" behind the edge.
That seemed to be a good thickness for the steel. The S35VN had hardly no edge flex at that thinness.

Just reground 3 S110V Manix 2 and did another Spanto to Slicer Grind on a Hinderer.
Didn't get any pics of the 110V Manix 2's but here are 2 of the new edged Hinderer.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

Nice work on the Hinderer, Chris. By chance, did you measure what that regrind measured behind the edge?

No I did not. It is about half the original thickness. My guess would be that it is in the .012" to .015" range behind the edge.

Two more regrinds finished yesterday that I feel are worth sharing.

An Emerson Horseman that was reground and had the swedge extended

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

A CRK Sebenza 21 that was reground with my radius platen

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

The pictures were taken before the final sharpening (due to fading light conditions) hence the burr on the Emerson and no secondary bevel on the Sebenza.

That Sebenza looks awesome, you did a nice job on it.

Two more regrinds finished yesterday that I feel are worth sharing.

An Emerson Horseman that was reground and had the swedge extended

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

A CRK Sebenza 21 that was reground with my radius platen

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

The pictures were taken before the final sharpening (due to fading light conditions) hence the burr on the Emerson and no secondary bevel on the Sebenza.

Hey Chris, have you ever reground knives with flippers?

I am considering sending you my ZT 0560, but I wonder if regrinding the blade will dramatically change the balance of flipping.

Thanks

Hey Chris, have you ever reground knives with flippers?

I am considering sending you my ZT 0560, but I wonder if regrinding the blade will dramatically change the balance of flipping.

Thanks

I have reground a couple of 0560's and 0561's as well as a couple of Hinderers and a couple Spyderco Southards.
I have never noticed it affecting the flipping action.
If anything I think it would make them flip faster as you have less mass to get going.

Hi, Chris,
It looks like you are being the Big Guy on Campus for regrinds these days. I'm very happy to hear that, as there has been a shortage of folks doing this type of work recently.
Sonnydaze

Back