Regrinds

I am in the process of saving up to buy a new grinder to outfit with a 12" wheel. This machine will become the regrind grinder.
I think the 12" wheel will give great results on knives that do not have a full flat grind already.
If only life would stop stepping in and making me chip away at my savings prematurely.

Just got a regrind back from Chris and it is a real cutter now and he acid washed it again to make the harmon so up. Don't have a camera but maybe Chris can post his picture of the finished blade. Thank you Chris! Now the fun comes to see how this sucker cuts.

I have a couple more to update this thread with.
First another Hinderer Spanto came in to become a Slicer.

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

I think this is the best one I have done thus far. It is a good thing to be getting better with each one.

Next is another Spyderco Manix 2 S110V.
This one finished off around .010" behind the edge, and check out that killer swedge the owner wanted me to add.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

I am really liking these Manix 2's.

The last one I have to show is another Manix 2 in CTS BD1
This one the owner wanted it turned into a Wharncliffe

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Here is a Strider I just finished up.
Transformed it into a Wharncliffe and added a Swedge.

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

This Manix has been my knife for a few months now. I bought it secondhand with the patina added and reground it on a 12" wheel to .006"-.008" behind the edge.

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

these are crazy grinds. can you do hollow grinds now Chris? I have a Emerson CQC7 tanto that needs a hollow grind on the mains (without raising the bevel by more than 1mm) and a tanto tip. I like the hollow grind meets flat zero grind tanto tip (like those Hinderer compound tips).

these are crazy grinds. can you do hollow grinds now Chris? I have a Emerson CQC7 tanto that needs a hollow grind on the mains (without raising the bevel by more than 1mm) and a tanto tip. I like the hollow grind meets flat zero grind tanto tip (like those Hinderer compound tips).

I do have a 12" wheel I have been playing with a bit.
I am fairly confident in it's use and think I could do what you are wanting.

I have a few that i will be sending out to you in the next week or so :)

Back