Regular Sebenza Lockup

My view is why worry about where the lockbar is unless it's causing a problem? I've never felt a knife with “late” lockup was worse in any way than a knife with “early” lockup. If anything the knives with the lockbar barely engaged would be less “safe” no?

You're likely to seeing a difference from gripping the knife (and lockbar) tightly or after putting pressure on the blade so the lock adjusts inward a bit.

The reason i mention it not because the lockup % bothers me but rather because on Regulars there is less room for the thumb to disengage the lock and the room gets smaller and smaller as the lockup % reaches 100. Even worse when u got a fat thumb.

Not a myth, but likely overestimated as to it's effect
This quote of Anne's is from the FAQ's
"The stop sleeve, against which the blade rests when the knife is open, can be rotated it necessary to get just a tiny bit of take-up"

How do we know what position the sleeve is in? So the sleeve is not perfectly round? How are we supposed to tell how it is set if there is no marking to tell us?

Thats very funny because i called them a day or so ago and that is not what they told me. Maybe the representative was not aware of this.

Must be a policy change. I had an email stating as such as I have a Sebenza that has like 90% lockup. I will try to find it, but lost many CRK emails when I changed computers many years ago. Nonetheless, if it’s a policy change, it’s a moot point.

How do we know what position the sleeve is in? So the sleeve is not perfectly round? How are we supposed to tell how it is set if there is no marking to tell us?
You really don't. It would be trial and error. If you bought a knife say 2000 and never broke it down you would likely see a mark and get the most results. If you have been breaking down regularly you likely have been rotating right along and not see any significant improvement, if any.
trial & error method-and never had much luck with it. I am much better at finding ways to loose lockup position then gain it :).
This is totally a guesstiment on my part.

Last edited:
You really don't. It would be trial and error. If you bought a knife say 2000 and never broke it down you would likely see a mark and get the most results. If you have been breaking down regularly you likely have been rotating right along and not see any significant improvement, if any.
trial & error method-and never had much luck with it. I am much better at finding ways to loose lockup position then gain it :).
This is totally a guesstiment on my part.
With how tight the sebenza is you could probably try a few different positions with the front scale off.

Back