1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ReGZ-93 not responding to email, but did just issue me a refund

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by watson0179, Mar 3, 2014.

1. JCP1969

JCP1969

Jun 3, 2012
    I think sometimes folks get themselves in a jam and don't know how to handle it. Then they start making excuses and promises and still are in the jam. Get out of the jam and then do what you need to. Really if I was under water , I wouldn't make any promise til I could do it without choking. There has to be a good reason to have a problem returning the money or the knife. I don't suspect greed. I do suspect immaturity but that goes without saying. I figure I will always be maturing.

Hoping for the best

James

2. pwerfel

pwerfel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2009
    "Family Emergency" is the new millennium's go to excuse....seems to thrive here as some folks will make any excuses for poor behavior, poor customer service, poor product performance, etc, etc.

Excellence does not require perfection, just do what you were paid to do.

It cannot be that difficult

PAW

3. The Virginian

The Virginian

Feb 24, 2010
    Truf!

4. Gastonknife

Gastonknife

Dec 15, 2008
    Well, at this point the "family emergency" excuse is not even relevant. If he has the time to sign on-line here, then he has the time to send an email, pm, or something. Hope it works out for you; but unless this person does a 180 not looking good.

5. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Well, ReGZ_93 is toast.

6. JCP1969

JCP1969

Jun 3, 2012
    wow for 70 measly dollars , just a shame. It will cost him a lot more in self worth :(.

ReGZ_93 I hope you still make it right. I believe you owe it to Watson and Yourself.

James

7. RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    If he delivers he can get his account reestablished, I did leave that as a caveat.

8. watson0179

watson0179

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks guys, ive learned my lesson. Thank you guys for supporting me a member here at that has been a long time reader/not contributor. I did email ReGz again and said i hope he makes it right and gets unbanned.
    Rob

9. JCP1969

JCP1969

Jun 3, 2012
    speechless :thumbup:

10. watson0179

watson0179

Sep 18, 2007
    Update: I just got this in my email box. He did make it right, but i wont be buying from him again. Thanks again,
    rob

"Hi Rob,

This is the first time I've had any chance to sit down at a computer in like 2 weeks. Between working, travelling to New York to check on my Father in law that is still in the Hospital and taking care of my 7 month old, I haven't had a chance to check my e-mails. I just found out that I was banned, and I have not gotten any notification as to why. I take it that the knife did not arrive. I'll issue you a refund, since it is not your fault that you didn't get the knife.

I apologize for the inconvienence, and will make it right.

Please check your paypal account to verify that you have recieved your refund."

11. JCP1969

JCP1969

Jun 3, 2012
    Rob ,

Glad you got your money. :)

12. Kowan

Kowan

Feb 12, 2014
    Good to hear you finally got a refund. Great example of why not to "Gift" on PP.

13. pwerfel

pwerfel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2009

People like this have no self worth to start with

PAW

14. brooksknives

brooksknives

Jul 4, 2001
    Sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

His account was used to log in several times since this mess started and if it was not him logging in then who was it and why did they not tell him about the tread or visitor messages.

Sound like he got caught in a bunch of lies and is now trying to save face by telling more lies.

Lies and half truths donot make for a good member here.

15. RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    It was clearly explained to him why his account was removed. When things like this happen, we can either explain why or leave no message, except for the canned "you are banned...blah, blah, blah." I chose to include a message why.
    Is he flat out lying? I cannot say for sure, but I'm not going to guess. If he is indeed having some family issues, I can really empathize and understand the situation gets very stressful. However, people should not mistake kindness for stupidity.