REK at it again...Short Butaniku

A5A4AD00-B8E3-4924-9052-EF6145551FF5.jpeg A75ED404-614A-47A2-A256-AA03C2AEFD38.jpeg A75ED404-614A-47A2-A256-AA03C2AEFD38.jpeg
Turns out mine's so big REK wouldn't touch it.
Anyone know of anyone who'll do this sort of work on a long Butaniku?

He did a long Butaniku in late 2017... musta kicked his ass. Turned out beautiful, I’ll try to upload pics later. The file is too large to upload lol dam bu

Last edited:
He did a long Butaniku in late 2017... musta kicked his ass. Turned out beautiful, I’ll try to upload pics later. The file is too large to upload lol dam bu

Apparently it did. He said he done one once, but never again. Too many opportunities to mess up a blade that long, it seems.

Just got this back from Josh at Razor's Edge Knives. My Short Butaniku in his formal best hanging with his baby brother (INFI Park Ranger). I totally forgot to take a before picture, but there is one floating around the forums from a while back that I can't seem to find right now. :)

View attachment 1134748
View attachment 1134749

I've had my Short Butaniku for some time now and it's been in the safe except for some random air ninja sessions in the basement. It wasn't particularly sharp and I didn't see it as much of a "user" if I ever wanted/needed to because of the black coating. I had been contemplating sending out to REK to get it all cleaned up and "scared to touch it" sharp but I always had something else going on with funds. Finally broke down and sent it back in February and the final product was 100% worth the wait. If I ever run out of bullets heaven help the fool who gets on the wrong end of this piece of REK'ed INFI.

Not much mods went into this one, just a satin finish, sharpen, and new screws on the handles. Apparently there were some gremlins under the coating that needed ground out as well. Convex zero saber grind w/ a 1k microbevel has me keeping this bad boy sheathed in fear of feeling a slight pain only to see my leg is gone. Josh also rounded the tang and ground it flush to the scales. Very nice touch.

I chopped a 2x4 with it a couple times but for some reason the pics won't upload correctly. I'll add later. I was surprised how deep it went with the half-hearted swing I took.

View attachment 1134747

Great pics man! Glad you got it back and it's what you were looking for! :)

View attachment 1135975 View attachment 1135973 View attachment 1135973

Yeah I slipped once doing that long one and realized that it's too easy to screw up something that long, it's very difficult to hold it steady while moving it across your belt grinder. And on a $2k sword that's not something you want to mess up!

Back