REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

finished this one up yesterday... scales are from Travis Zumwalt, some buckeye burl w/ resin. Convex blended edge on this piece!
i-7FMQvk4-XL.jpg
i-TDjVcCL-XL.jpg
i-VZPkWKw-XL.jpg
Beautiful Josh! Great eye for lines. :)

These larger Embers with those awesome handles are killer. I really liked the lines of the Ember, but it was too small for my preferences. These larger sizes bring them into my world.

I know you're a great grinder, Josh, but those handles really pull it all together. So much nicer than G10 or carbon fiber.

You've moving in a good direction.

These larger Embers with those awesome handles are killer. I really liked the lines of the Ember, but it was too small for my preferences. These larger sizes bring them into my world.

I know you're a great grinder, Josh, but those handles really pull it all together. So much nicer than G10 or carbon fiber.

You've moving in a good direction.

It's as if your designs have come of age; these new handles have transformed this knife into my most desired - stunning work.
Thanks guys, glad to hear the feedback! Yeah I think it's fun to introduce a 'new' model like this with something special. Keeps life interesting anyway!

Just finished this up yesterday! Fat carbon lava flow

i-hq323Lp-XL.jpg

i-jPfzj2n-XL.jpg
i-pSBdjD2-XL.jpg

View attachment 1560369View attachment 1560370View attachment 1560371

Man this thing is gorgeous— both the knife and sheath! Props to REK Knives REK Knives and cpirtle cpirtle !

Love those pics and lighting! Can really see that ironwood grain! Glad you like it brother 👊👊

Josh, will the utility version of the 3.5 have the same convex edge?

No, it's a little more difficult to set it up that way so normally I do v edges. It was just a little something special for this batch 😁

Hey Josh, any progress on the "Utility" version of the big Ember?
Not yet, I have the steel though... just have to send out an email and take pre-orders. I am waiting until I have an update to send out on the reblades for the 940 though first (ran into some hiccups w/ machine shop) so they are being cut end of this week or beginning of next week by new shop I had to switch to.

Back