REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Nice! Whatcha growing in your garden this year?!

I was late to the party, then hemmed and hawed (I think it might be too small, and what handle should I go with) over the original Ember release - ultimately taking too long and missing out. Now I'm looking at the 2.5" and 3.5" inch versions...and seeing it happening all over again. It would be easier if the Osage Orange scales I requested came to be...or even the copper liners (okay, I asked about those for the Quarantine; but they'd be good on an Ember, too). Decisions, decisions - and a ticking clock, to boot.
*edited to add - I just went back to the site, and saw that the pre-orders on both are sold out. Now I'll have to listen to that ticking clock ⏰ in my head for an eternity...the very thought of which makes me think of 🐊

I was late to the party, then hemmed and hawed (I think it might be too small, and what handle should I go with) over the original Ember release - ultimately taking too long and missing out. Now I'm looking at the 2.5" and 3.5" inch versions...and seeing it happening all over again. It would be easier if the Osage Orange scales I requested came to be...or even the copper liners (okay, I asked about those for the Quarantine; but they'd be good on an Ember, too). Decisions, decisions - and a ticking clock, to boot.
Good thing you got your order in this go around, pre-orders are filled up on both sizes! Sorry I can't make the custom scale request happen... maybe there's someone would could make a set if you posted up on the main forum requesting referrals?

REK Knives REK Knives Yeah - it could easily have gone bad, with them selling out as I went back and forth between the sizes...luckily I caught it early this time, and made the only rational decision.
As far as the handles, I've got some stuff here to practice with before making the jump to something nice...and hope to have some time to devote to such activities.
There were a few Embers that came available on the Exchange; but, when possible, I prefer to support makers by purchasing directly from them.

Well ... dang I missed the 3.5. This one may be a must have ... I was looking forward to that size in Cruwear, but the Magnacut may be a great option too. Congrats to those who got in on this one.

Happy to see your knives moving forward Josh!!!

Yeah I dropped the ball on the 3.5 ember myself. Have a lot going on here and by time I got to it , was gone :-( Next Run 👍👍

Back