REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Dang, very interesting knife. Any idea when the next pre-orders might be up?

Yeah I'm still in the beginning phases of production so they aren't available on the regular yet... I will be hopefully doing another batch 1st quarter this coming year w/ a larger version (3.5" blade) which I'll announce via my newsletter (so sign up here if you aren't already!). Thanks Steve!!

razor-edge-knives said:
which I'll announce via my newsletter (so sign up here if you aren't already!).
I thought I had signed up, then I entirely missed the ember. I'm pretty sure I signed up after that... time will tell.

Odd question about a petty little detail for you Josh, but for folks who opted for a DLC’d Ember, will the fasteners also be DLC’d to match? Thanks for your time!
Just left this pic in another thread, but thought it belonged here. Beyond happy with this little blade’s performance and ease of carry :)
612FE176-AE69-4376-ACEA-AC5460923AD1.jpeg7AA67449-DD78-4B26-9A01-3E1AACFFF1A1.jpeg 5A582FFE-461D-4BDF-87F7-2DC5FCEA65E4.jpeg

Odd question about a petty little detail for you Josh, but for folks who opted for a DLC’d Ember, will the fasteners also be DLC’d to match? Thanks for your time!
Just left this pic in another thread, but thought it belonged here. Beyond happy with this little blade’s performance and ease of carry :)
View attachment 1415377View attachment 1415382 View attachment 1415383
Yep! The screws absolutely WILL be coated as well so the entire theme matches :thumbsup:

You still rocking the pocket carry?!

Yep! The screws absolutely WILL be coated as well so the entire theme matches :thumbsup:

You still rocking the pocket carry?!
That’s awesome!! :) That kind of little thing is often overlooked by so many makers, but I should’ve known by now that you’d have all the details sorted out ;) You rock Josh! You really do put your all into these projects, and it shows.

I’m pocket carrying it tonight (always a pleasure), but have been alternating this past week between pocket carry, and riding it IWB (unnoticeably) while I (deep) pocket pocket carry a shiv by another maker who builds em crazy sharp in an ‘Emerson style’ hook & pull kydex at the same time. I actually cropped it out of 2 of the pics above lol. Even when I have another blade handy, I just can’t put the Ember down. It’s going out for that leather pocket slip I mentioned to you in a couple weeks :)

Hers’s the uncut shots of my IWB and pocket carry combo of choice these days
2DC96444-5BD2-4344-BAB1-4C572FF38401.jpeg CBA1467E-A7B1-45E9-8181-4C6803E4FED5.jpeg

That’s awesome!! :) That kind of little thing is often overlooked by so many makers, but I should’ve known by now that you’d have all the details sorted out ;) You rock Josh! You really do put your all into these projects, and it shows.

I’m pocket carrying it tonight (always a pleasure), but have been alternating this past week between pocket carry, and riding it IWB (unnoticeably) while I (deep) pocket pocket carry a shiv by another maker who builds em crazy sharp in an ‘Emerson style’ hook & pull kydex at the same time. I actually cropped it out of 2 of the pics above lol. Even when I have another blade handy, I just can’t put the Ember down. It’s going out for that leather pocket slip I mentioned to you in a couple weeks :)

Hers’s the uncut shots of my IWB and pocket carry combo of choice these days
View attachment 1415390 View attachment 1415391
Dude that shiv looks wicked! That wave on the kydex is a fantastic idea for that type knife too. Love it!

Good morning Josh, any updates on the Ember preorder? How's it going?

Yep they are at heat treat right now! They have all been rough ground.

i-6wMPgVN-X3.jpg

So excited for this run of Embers! My first Ember is still chugging along like a champ. No real sharpening, just a few passes on the sharpmaker rods once and a quick strop, and it’s still laser status. Now it’s riding in pocket, in a leather slip I had made for it, and I’m enjoying it more than ever :)
9238BCCD-1229-416A-9AE1-79194AFA4EF5.jpeg C31F90F6-CBE8-4F9C-88B9-B71BFD6074D9.jpeg

Good coffee and a really awesome looking Ember there Josh! If you want to send them both to me for evaluation I would be happy to help you out.

Back