REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Switched my DCC clip to the other side for right hand pocket carry, put some WD40 corrosion inhibitor under the scales and all over the Cruwear, and blue loctite on the screws. Good to go!:thumbsup::)
8c61F8b.jpg

TPfVDty.jpg

HKWF6Fa.jpg

Switched my DCC clip to the other side for right hand pocket carry, put some WD40 corrosion inhibitor under the scales and all over the Cruwear, and blue loctite on the screws. Good to go!:thumbsup::)
8c61F8b.jpg

TPfVDty.jpg

HKWF6Fa.jpg
I love that idea but I'm just always so nervous that I'll cut my pocket upon withdrawal lol.

Another position you should try - horizontal next to the belt buckle with one or two of these

Carries pretty well here also. I just pivot more vertically to draw. And to your point Josh, I did slice that belt loop carrying and drawing a larger knife in this position.

This thing is begging for pocket leather tho! The kydex fit is excellent, but my thumb is always looking for a small ramp to push on. I may just remove the clip and pocket carry with the kydex. The size is so perfect for pocket carry it seems like a shame not to. :)

38myKK1l.jpg

Wow those are sweet! Are they going to be for pocket carry?

Thank you :)

Yes , in pocket carry using the discrete carry clip or a ulticlip.
These were done in about 6-7 Oz leather. I’m thinking of bumping that up to 10oz weight. Or maybe that’s me being overkill lol. I’m sending one to @Big DJ for test run. If you’d like to try one out josh I’ll send one out to you as well.

Thank you :)

Yes , in pocket carry using the discrete carry clip or a ulticlip.
These were done in about 6-7 Oz leather. I’m thinking of bumping that up to 10oz weight. Or maybe that’s me being overkill lol. I’m sending one to @Big DJ for test run. If you’d like to try one out josh I’ll send one out to you as well.
Thanks so much for the offer Bill!! Sure I'm happy to give it a try! Never done pocket carry before with a fixed though so not sure how much I'll like it but I may be surprised :)

Thanks so much for the offer Bill!! Sure I'm happy to give it a try! Never done pocket carry before with a fixed though so not sure how much I'll like it but I may be surprised :)

Your welcome :thumbsup: I’ve never pocket carried a fixed blade either. So when asked about these by @Big DJ I thought some testers needed to be sent out;):)
I’ve thought about squaring off the end. Then adding a lanyard hole there.
I’ll finish these up and ship out :thumbsup:

Hi Josh , your welcome :) So their protos , But they can give a good idea for direction(s) to go. I sent out one with thin leather with kydex overlay. The others are like 7-9oz leather. :)

Hi Josh , your welcome :) So their protos , But they can give a good idea for direction(s) to go. I sent out one with thin leather with kydex overlay. The others are like 7-9oz leather. :)
Got it in and it's been in the pocket ever since! Pretty sweet. I'll post some pics tomorrow :) great job Bill!

Got it in and it's been in the pocket ever since! Pretty sweet. I'll post some pics tomorrow :) great job Bill!
Thanks Josh,
I’m glad it got there and your getting some use out of it :)
I put in enough mounting holes. That way you can attach a clip. Also maybe fit a piece of kydex on it.

Back