REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Josh maybe a tease, but he follows through, just invoiced. Not often I’m excited about getting a bill in the mail, but this one YES. Thanks Josh;):)

Right??!! It’s awesome to feel all excited for a knife...when the invoice even makes you smile. Haha. I know the feeling.

Got mine today! Green micarta and green sheath...I have good taste. :) It is smaller than I pictured but still amazingly comfortable and SHARP! The contouring of the scales is super comfortable as well, helps it just melt into the hand. Nice work Josh!

Got mine today! Green micarta and green sheath...I have good taste. :) It is smaller than I pictured but still amazingly comfortable and SHARP! The contouring of the scales is super comfortable as well, helps it just melt into the hand. Nice work Josh!
Yeah it's a tiny little thing but perfect for edc due to size! Glad you like it brother! I'll look forward to hearing updates on how it and the DLC holds up.

Come on PO!! Martin woodysone woodysone needs his Ember!!! I’m excited for you! Can’t wait to hear what you think. :)

Kind of hard to look at the forums and see pictures of these in action, but I’m sure Josh was right on top of shipping these out. Good things come to those who wait?;):D

Kind of hard to look at the forums and see pictures of these in action, but I’m sure Josh was right on top of shipping these out. Good things come to those who wait?;):D

Yeah shipping from east coat to west coast may take a bit longer! It's saying it's supposed to be delivered today but USPS has been running a day or two late recently, so hopefully either today or tomorrow!

Hey Josh I'm loving my Ember and wondering if you have spare scales available yet?

Glad to hear that bro! Yeah, I've got a few! I will be having more made though then everyone can pick up whatever. I'll try to list what I have on the site soon.

i-b32vcKm-X2.jpg

But it works great on a normal vertical carry which is what I'm rocking now! And yes this samari lanyard bead and this lanyard is SICK, was a gift from a Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery ;)

i-snnMsPs-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Always easy to spot Bill’s work, lots of mounting points included.:eek::D

Yep I love that!! I'm actually thinking about an ideal pocket carry for this sheath... Tell me what you guys think. What about inlays in the seam (one on each side) for a semi-strong magnet seated below the surface slightly. Then you insert to the desired height in your pocket, slap the magnets on the outside of your pocket (which pushes your pants material down into the slight recess and holds it in position).

also not even sure if doable... what do you think duramax duramax ? I've never seen any sheaths like that though! Maybe I'm way off my rocker lol.

Yep I love that!! I'm actually thinking about an ideal pocket carry for this sheath... Tell me what you guys think. What about inlays in the seam (one on each side) for a semi-strong magnet seated below the surface slightly. Then you insert to the desired height in your pocket, slap the magnets on the outside of your pocket (which pushes your pants material down into the slight recess and holds it in position).

also not even sure if doable... what do you think duramax duramax ? I've never seen any sheaths like that though! Maybe I'm way off my rocker lol.

Hi Josh,

So first I’m glad those test sheaths are getting some use :)

As for inlays in the seem, are you thinking between the stitch lines ? Or something else ?

Magnets ...... oufffffff there’s a slippery slope lol. I made a lot of my first sheaths using magnets. First it will magnetize the knife some. Enough to grab on to small screws and such. I used mine for retention in the sheath. It worked pretty well, actually saved my friends knife. He was coming out of the woods. He had taken his knife off belt. Then had to cut something. In his haste he put knife in sheath and placed on bumper. He drove probably 25+ miles home !!! The magnet held knife in sheath and onto bumper lol. Most of my magnets were placed at back of sheath.
I wasn’t the first trying these. I believe Bud Nealy used them in kydex sheaths long ago.
I made a couple using a flap over that latched magnetically over pants pocket. I gave those away to friends. I guess something similar to like a woman’s handbag magnet latch. And the flap ended up looking like a old leather slapjack lol. But after all was said and done, I stopped with magnets. It was fun though :) and wow are some really strong !!!!!!

Josh, the mailman gained a few points today be delivering my Ember, what a big small blade! The DLC finish looks perfect the the laser etched makers mark and shiny edge. Won’t get to play with it today because of an eye doctor appointment but will post some pictures tomorrow. Nice job Josh!;):)

Anyone carry their Ember inside the front pocket in kydex? I’m thinking Mummert clip or Ulti. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Back