REK Folder (Kuros) update thread

Josh, just wondering if you came up with a standard grind on these and would you offer either texture on the handle?:)
No I haven't, I've GOT to start finishing some of these out but feel like I'm pulled in a thousand different directions. I actually just closed all books except for DLC and basic sharpening - not enough time to keep the mod/regrind work going and also make knives. Something has to give and making is where I wanna be.

Yeah either texture can be chosen (in the colors depicted). Or I can smooth it out probably, not a big deal either way.

Sorry for the wait!

alright this is a custom (it's actually the first Kuros I've fully completed other than my own lol) so sorry these are taking so long guys. Once orders slow down I'll be able to get these pumped out!! I have everything I need here. It's a blend of DLC (black components) and Cerakote (blade and clip). Laser etching turned out pretty sick too!

i-dPp8n8C-L.jpg
i-zbrnLTs-L.jpg
i-PXtd8hF-L.jpg
i-MhBfQ6d-L.jpg
i-jNWpHF2-XL.jpg
i-W49dnwM-X2.jpg
i-KWDfqh6-X2.jpg

Alright guys... need some help on logo placement for this one. Was thinking in the grind sorta near the corner/plunge there, or centered or handle side inside the fuller... or, hide completely on the tang? or on the liner inside the scales?

This one is a custom build I felt like building that I'll sell when done... gonna black out w/ DLC.

So second opinion I need is - should I black out all the metal except the screws and anodize them blue (like on a sebenza stud - sorta like this)

i-c7Gnh3w-L.jpg

I did some mirror polished pin striping which will pop against the matte dlc... the pin striping will be a black mirror accent!

i-6xZjPm2-X2.jpg

Alright guys... need some help on logo placement for this one. Was thinking in the grind sorta near the corner/plunge there, or centered or handle side inside the fuller... or, hide completely on the tang? or on the liner inside the scales?

This one is a custom build I felt like building that I'll sell when done... gonna black out w/ DLC.

So second opinion I need is - should I black out all the metal except the screws and anodize them blue (like on a sebenza stud - sorta like this)

i-c7Gnh3w-L.jpg

I did some mirror polished pin striping which will pop against the matte dlc... the pin striping will be a black mirror accent!

i-6xZjPm2-X2.jpg
To my recollection, I’ve never seen a logo placed inside the fuller. That’s a pretty cool idea! I dig it. A scaled down logo might also work well on the flipper tab, or even on the small flat just above the fuller. I’d vote against a logo on the grind, just because it may distract a little from your superb grind work, but I’m sure plenty of folks would disagree

i-c7Gnh3w-L.jpg

i-6xZjPm2-X2.jpg

Another piece of art, Josh !

Regarding the Logo, if I might, would be a pitty to hide it. Since this is a custom, how about your signature instead, in the Fuller ? And - since you asked - if it would be my knife I'd prefer black or silver screws on black. More subtle / less jewelery.

Just my 2 cents. You are the artist ....

Roland.

Back