REK Folder (Kuros) update thread

Glad you are enjoying it Martin! Hope I got it ground thin enough for ya!

i-s4rxx94-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Morning all. Mine arrived too, last week, and I'm still in love: A grail knife for me, favorite grind, size, favorite steel (CPM CW), and the action super smooth, a quarter inch pivot, and on PB washers.

i-sZLLzB6-X3.jpg

i-NcgMhFx-X3.jpg

i-b37PBjm-X3.jpg

It's significantly lighter than the 24 (by more than an ounce), and the blade to handle ratio is better ... so much so, that I can actually EDC and forget that I carry it, where the 24 is less comfortable. Note that I'm still getting used to the Micarta scales (my only Micarta knife). Super functional, for sure.

Josh, thanks for making this. Not only do I love the knife, but the process how it came to be as well. Very cool to be able to give input when the knife was born ....

i-wXPkbfW-X3.jpg

(Photo by Josh)

A crappy year ended well after all ! Merry Christmas, Josh, to you, your family, and all your fans.

Roland.

Last edited:
Morning all. Mine arrived too, last week, and I'm still in love: A grail knife for me, favorite grind, size, favorite steel (CPM CW), and the action super smooth, a quarter inch pivot, and on PB washers.

i-sZLLzB6-X3.jpg

i-NcgMhFx-X3.jpg

i-b37PBjm-X3.jpg

It's significantly lighter than the 24 (by more than an ounce), and the blade to handle ratio is better ... so much so, that I can actually EDC and forget that I carry it, where the 24 is less comfortable. Note that I'm still getting used to the Micarta scales (my only Micarta knife). Super functional, for sure.

Josh, thanks for making this. Not only do I love the knife, but the process how it came to be as well. Very cool to be able to give input when the knife was born ....

i-wXPkbfW-X3.jpg

(Photo by Josh)

A crappy year ended well after all ! Merry Christmas, Josh, to you, your family, and all your fans.

Roland.
Man... Thanks for the feedback and I love hearing the comparison to the 24!! How's it working for opening presents today? :D

Two questions...

1. Where did you get that clip, I'm in love :)
2. What coffee are you drinking? I got some new stuff from black rifle coffee company today can't wait to try! Normally I drink the Charleston roast (organic) from costco and it is AMAZING

Man... Thanks for the feedback and I love hearing the comparison to the 24!! How's it working for opening presents today? :D

Two questions...

1. Where did you get that clip, I'm in love :)
2. What coffee are you drinking? I got some new stuff from black rifle coffee company today can't wait to try! Normally I drink the Charleston roast (organic) from costco and it is AMAZING

No presents today, Josh. But I might try it on the Goose tonight, might do good to the Micarta ? We'll transfer the entire pack to WY next week, and do a late Christmas there :)

The clip is an Emerson clip (see, e.g., https://www.nationalknives.com/emerson-pocket-clip-we-the-people-satin). Thinner profile, and the ring finger sits nicely in it. Nothing special on the coffee, just some French ground from Safeways. Always wanted to try Black Rifle coffee, let us know what you think !

Cheers,

Roland.

No presents today, Josh. But I might try it on the Goose tonight, might do good to the Micarta ? We'll transfer the entire pack to WY next week, and do a late Christmas there :)

The clip is an Emerson clip (see, e.g., https://www.nationalknives.com/emerson-pocket-clip-we-the-people-satin). Thinner profile, and the ring finger sits nicely in it. Nothing special on the coffee, just some French ground from Safeways. Always wanted to try Black Rifle coffee, let us know what you think !

Cheers,

Roland.

Will do brother! And sounds good curious how the goose goes! We smoked chicken yesterday but it was able to be pulled off the bone with forks lol

Must have missed the clip in the past, that's pretty sweet!

Will do on the coffee!

Josh that looks fantastic! Any chance you will make a 3" version? I would be all over that.
I doubt it man! I have another filter I want to build in that range though :)

Thanks Josh...I think I'll take the middle one (nonflipper version of course) :).

Glad you are enjoying it Martin! Hope I got it ground thin enough for ya!

i-s4rxx94-X3.jpg

An update ...

End of Dec, we moved from CA to WY, for a couple of months. Since my employer still lets us work from home, we thought I might as well work from our cabin ...

In any case, I've been carrying the Kuros everyday for two months now. Mostly together with a fixed blade, used the Kuros to cut only when I needed a really sharp knife. But it's been handled daily. Besides it getting yet a different clip :), and the Micarta getting character, mechanically, the knife still handles perfectly. Lock, action, Pivot, etc., all still act like new, no changes whatsoever. If anything, the lock is a bit smoother.

Cheers to a great reliable design and execution. Thanks again, Josh. And let me know when you do your next batch :)

Roland.

i-6Lvfx2z-X4.jpg

Love the update brother! Man that's a lot of firewood there in the background, looks like you stay busy! I've been to WY once and it was amazing (rockies area)

Love the update brother! Man that's a lot of firewood there in the background, looks like you stay busy! I've been to WY once and it was amazing (rockies area)

It's god's country, Josh, amazing. We are about 50 miles east of Yellow Stone, on the Wind River, in the mountains (~6900 feet). Haven't worn a mask in those two months either :)

Cheers !

It's god's country, Josh, amazing. We are about 50 miles east of Yellow Stone, on the Wind River, in the mountains (~6900 feet). Haven't worn a mask in those two months either :)

Cheers !
That's amazing! Would love it see some pics of the countryside haha

Here you go, to keep the thread alive :)

Snake River

Desktop2_tn-X3.jpg

Close to Old Faithful:

L1001586-X2.jpg

With my better half on the Continental Rift:

L1001617-X2.jpg

Wild life in the local wood store

2020010112241042-IMG_0878-X3.jpg

BTW, no more Kuros in the pipe-line ? :)

Roland.
Wow that's some gorgeous country!! Wish I could live out there haha.

There will definitely be more! Just been busy! Haha

Back