REK Q fixed blade thread

That's saying A LOT ... :cool:

I know most of the blades you've had in hand-- because I've bought several of em from ya! ;)

...well that seals it...I've GOT to have one now

anyone wanting to move theirs along, shoot me a PM :)...............I won't be holding my breath, though. :rolleyes:
You always grab the really good ones too! ;)
Great(?) minds.. Wonder if our hands think alike too.
Fingers crossed for you brother :)
Mighty big words here :) Now I’m really really excited !!!!!!
You run some really great blades, so I’m hyped to hear what you think, and hope you dig it

Got a surprise - knife was delivered before i left work this morning. (Oddly enough, the knife I've got coming back from Al, which was also at the post office, didn't come with it.)
My initial reaction was an expletive (not an unhappy one - think shock & awe) . It's been a while since I looked at the specs, and I fully expected the blade height to make it seem big... but this thing is big.
Not so big that I won't carry it... but big enough that I'm sure it won't become an edc for me. (Sorry, Josh).
Camera batteries are charging - I'll post some comparison photos in a bit.

Oh - btw - my initial check didn't find the sheath retention overly strong. The true test, though, will be when I strap it on my belt later.

Last edited:
G
Got a surprise - knife was delivered before i left work this morning. (Oddly enough, the knife I've got coming back from Al, which was also at the post office, didn't come with it.)
My initial reaction was an expletive. It's been a while since I looked at the specs, and I fully expected the blade height to make it seem big... but this thing is big.
Not so big that I won't carry it... but big enough that I'm sure it won't become an edc for me. (Sorry, Josh).
Camera batteries are charging - I'll post some comparison photos in a bit.

Oh - btw - my initial check didn't find the sheath retention overly strong. The true test, though, will be when I strap it on my belt later.
That's cool it made it this morning! No worries man, I didn't really design it to be an edc haha, the next small fixed blade I'm working on would be perfect for that though. I'm sure you could see if PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne wanted it if you wanted to move it along! :)

Here we go - comparison time
My regular carry fixed blade
View attachment 1353732
Bark River 1.25-LT
View attachment 1353733
Becker BK2 (I grabbed the Camillus, because the Kabar version wasn't with it for some reason)
View attachment 1353734
Carothers FK2
View attachment 1353735
Busse Urban Grudge LE (I carry this from time to time; so I can certainly carry the Quarantine)
View attachment 1353736

I suppose I should admit to dyeing the scales first thing when I got home - well, right after I checked to make sure the sheath would work for me - just so nobody thinks this is how their green is going to look when they open the box.

Here we go - comparison time
My regular carry fixed blade
View attachment 1353732
Bark River 1.25-LT
View attachment 1353733
Becker BK2 (I grabbed the Camillus, because the Kabar version wasn't with it for some reason)
View attachment 1353734
Carothers FK2
View attachment 1353735
Busse Urban Grudge LE (I carry this from time to time; so I can certainly carry the Quarantine)
View attachment 1353736

I suppose I should admit to dyeing the scales first thing when I got home - well, right after I checked to make sure the sheath would work for me - just so nobody thinks this is how their green is going to look when they open the box.
nice comparison shots!!! thanks for doing that man.

When I got up a few hours ago, I recalled the brief period in which I carried two fixed blades - one small, one medium. Seemed like a good idea, but it sometimes felt a little weird...perhaps because, out of habit, I sometimes pocketed a modern folder and/or a traditional. Anyway, I still like the idea; and decided to revisit it.
View attachment 1354031
I think I'm on to something...

Josh,
You wouldn't happen to have a set of copper liners and screws for this, would you?

Wait... Did you chop through that larger piece in one swipe or with a saw?
No saw brother. The quarantine was the only cutting tool I needed today. Wish I could say I one swiped that one though, but it actually took two whacks.. and a tiny nudge ;)
It performed great today, and is still just about as diabolically sharp as it was when the day started. The ergos are super comfy for my hand.

No saw brother. The quarantine was the only cutting tool I needed today. Wish I could say I one swiped that one though, but it actually took two whacks.. and a tiny nudge ;)
It performed great today, and is still just about as diabolically sharp as it was when the day started. The ergos are super comfy for my hand.
Sweet, looks clean hahaha

Anyone notice the perfect balance of the knife? If you decide to throw it, that'll help.

Oh, on one small note. As you can see, REK took preorders, then finished the item soon thereafter (within a month I believe), then shipped on this side of the next millenium. That is how to do business when you are kicking off your first production item.

Just sayin'....

Last edited:
Back