REK Q fixed blade thread

Anyone notice the perfect balance of the knife? If you decide to throw it, that'll help.

That's not something I recommend as it could void warranty ;) unless you're in a dire survival situation and needed to make a spear out of it or something crazy and in that case I believe a warranty would be the last thing you would be worrying about hahaha

Oh, on one small note. As you can see, REK took preorders, then finished the item soon thereafter (within a month I believe), then shipped on this side of the next millenium. That is how to do business when you are kicking off your first production item.

Just sayin'....

Had some delays which were frustrating but finally got it out! Always a good feeling. Thanks Pat :)

That's saying A LOT ... :cool:

I know most of the blades you've had in hand-- because I've bought several of em from ya! ;)

...well that seals it...I've GOT to have one now

anyone wanting to move theirs along, shoot me a PM :)...............I won't be holding my breath, though. :rolleyes:
One mllllllliiiiiooooonnn dollars.

dlc version? :D

i-SpXfkZ4-XL.jpg

i-WQ7TJCb-XL.jpg

I just walked in the house and found this. Not gonna lie...I’m a little scared. Not sure what happened but I will clean the blade and examine the edge under light. Josh’s hardwood testing is nuthin compared to my wife. Lolz :)

UXPiDM2.jpg

I just walked in the house and found this. Not gonna lie...I’m a little scared. Not sure what happened but I will clean the blade and examine the edge under light. Josh’s hardwood testing is nuthin compared to my wife. Lolz :)

UXPiDM2.jpg
Oh snap, that's the real test! I'll just send you knives for testing from now on :D

Oh snap, that's the real test! I'll just send you knives for testing from now on :D

No joke! The edge is reflecting light now in 2 spots. Unfortunately, I don’t know what was cut, or more importantly, the ferocity and edge torquing applied. o_O:)

Humor/terror aside, I should note that this is a .010 BTE performance edge. It came delightfully, wicked sharp...toilet paper slicing sharp.

I’ll try to report back when I do some real cutting Josh. So far I’ve been impressed with how well it slices in spite of the thick stock and tall profile. I’ve given it some kitchen use and that edge is pure joy. :thumbsup:

Still carrying it regularly.
*disclaimer - I did not take the tree down with the Quarantine....
View attachment 1362172
But I did slice through it, with the aid of a wedge, pretty easily to make these pieces (ok, that might be a lie)
Then, I used it to make some curls, thin strips, and a few pretty sad feather sticks to get a fire going (that part is definitely true)

Still carrying it regularly.
*disclaimer - I did not take the tree down with the Quarantine....
View attachment 1362172
But I did slice through it, with the aid of a wedge, pretty easily to make these pieces (ok, that might be a lie)
Then, I used it to make some curls, thin strips, and a few pretty sad feather sticks to get a fire going (that part is definitely true)
Lol! :D

You still carrying the two fixed combo?

You still carrying the two fixed combo?
Occasionally. I'm honestly not a huge fan of crossdraw or horizontal carry; and two (separate) sheaths on the same side still feels a little weird to me. I've ghetto-rigged a couple of combos together; but I have yet to do a more permanent (and functional) attachment. I think I might do it with the Guardian 3, though; since the handles match pretty well.

Back