REK'd ASHBM with Rig and Kit

It has been a long wait, but this morning I received my package from Josh at REK - yahoo!!!

This is my first REK'd knife, and I do not believe it will be my last.

I did the butt job and hand-shaped the scales, but my grind work following a botched stripping went bad. I was in despair for a long, long time. Josh was of course the solution. He did a masterful full flat regrind and "razor edge" sharpening job, fixed the uneven surfaces and rounded the talon back in shape. Expertly. Of course. Oh, and of course he changed out the tubes for Torx. I could not be happier! I was initially going to have him blast it, but when I saw the photos of the reground finish - well, that would have been a mistake! I wish I was a good enough photographer to capture the finish, but alas, I am not. Anyway, y'all know what it looks like. Purty.

The rig is by Skyler. Crafted back when he was Skystorm - now Patriot. I have always loved the utility of it. The lil' Newberry fits in a sheath built into the back of the survival tin pouch, and the ESEE arrowhead into its own sheath on the front of same. Contents of my standard tin on partial display.

I was going to sell this. . . well, not gonna happen, and Man does she handle beautifully! The entire combo is just too good to my way of things to part with.

Anyhow, had to share my joy. And props for Josh - and Skler, too!

BTW, this was my very first Busse, ordered in the initial offering. Yeah, gotta keep her.

IMG_0127.jpg IMG_0130.jpg IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0132.jpg

Very nice! How thin BTE did he take it?? Is Josh's mark optional, or is it on the other side? Enjoy that beauty!

Very nice! How thin BTE did he take it?? Is Josh's mark optional, or is it on the other side? Enjoy that beauty!

Not entirely sure how thin. I did not specify and I do not have calipers. I had botched it badly enough (slow ground and frequent quench, but it looked terrible!) that I knew he would have to bring her down a bit as is, and I did only want "a little off the top." Turned out just how I had hoped. A good bit faster in the hand now.

As for his mark, I kinda figured it would be there, but no, it is sterile. So I guess the answer to your question must be that one must ask for it. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in.

Reactions: mb>
I had Josh chamfer the butt end of a Maserin plow so it wouldn't dig into my palm. You can't even find the transition, the guy is crazy good. Congrats man, that's a beautiful regrind and awesome rig!

Thank you! Yeah, if you knew how it looked going in . . . . yeah, he is crazy good. You are definitely right, one cannot tell his work from original (except where it is an upgrade!) and simply no transition at all.

Would like to see a pic of the Plow!

BTW, if you have not worked with Josh on anything, well, he is very customer oriented. He took great pains to make me happy and went out of his way to take pics I requested at several stages in order for me to make some decisions. Nary a complaint, immediate responses despite the fact that he was working on it as we conversed, and no "I know what I am doing - trust me." Oh, and once he got started he delivered ahead of his estimate.
Great guy and obviously a great craftsman. Just the kind of business I want to support!

Thank you! Yeah, if you knew how it looked going in . . . . yeah, he is crazy good. You are definitely right, one cannot tell his work from original (except where it is an upgrade!) and simply no transition at all.

Would like to see a pic of the Plow!

Hi Kenneth. Here is a picture of the Plow that I had him mod. It's the natural canvas-scaled one on the right, while the one on the left is unmodded. It's a subtle modification but made the knife so much more comfortable to use.

Dave

tXpVCNe.jpg

kYvvsQk.jpg

4F1kFPL.jpg

That’s a keeper for sure !!! Great knife and just awesome work ! Very nice leather too !!
Congrats :)

Hard Knocks, those are beautiful slip joints you have there. Very nice! Thanks for posting. That is subtle, but I can understand how such a change can make a world of difference in hand. That kind of mod on a folder is no small feat. Well done, indeed, Josh.

If we don't have a REK appreciation and post 'em thread, we should! I will take a look.

Back