1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

REK'd knives in action? Let's see 'em!!

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 5, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    I rarely get to see/hear how the knives I've modded perform after some use, so I would love to see pics (use or glamour shots!) and hear feedback on how they are doing! Post yours up below!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    ErocSD, JJ_Colt45 and woodysone like this.
  2. talldaddy

talldaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2012
    I have several REK reprofiled blades and a couple of reblades. They are simply fantastic cutting machines. An LRM_EXPORT_161426501219926_20190705_124214832.jpeg LRM_EXPORT_161385680897546_20190705_124134012.jpeg Edge that my other knives are compared to. Here are two hinderers that have been carried in used moderately on cardboard boxes, envelopes and even a few steaks.

3. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Oh wow, that top one is something else.

Fullflat and razor-edge-knives like this.
  4. Twindog

Twindog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

Josh rebladed this rock-solid, Hall of Fame Rukus 610 for me a while back, and it's been my EDC ever since. The steel is Vanax SuperClean, probably the best balanced knife steel. It's used only in custom or high-end production knives today (called Vanax 37 in Shirogorov knives). Super fine grained, so it easily takes and holds a fine edge. It's the toughest of the stainless powder steels. It's almost completely stainless -- maybe H1 is better, but it's close. It replaces the stock 4.25-inch S30V steel blade. I've chopped and whacked and sliced and diced and never had a chip or a roll, even with a 30-degree inclusive edge that is just 0.015 inches wide at the shoulders. (The black G10 scales are an optional scale from Benchmade.)

This was an awesome knife with the stock blade. The REK reblade made it epic.

5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yesss! Love to see you still carrying that!!

Sharp & Fiery, Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  6. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    89AEC64F-3261-4C87-8817-9B5D03F10A69.jpeg Working hard...everyday.

luethge, tyyreaun, ScooterG and 4 others like this.
  7. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Here is a regrind you did about a year ago that I got to throw some ironwood slabs onto this past week. Micarta pins and white g10 liners underneath.

Not my knife, but a cool project overall.

20190925_122323~01.jpg

8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Love it when a knife gets used!! Awesome bro!

Love it, wood is just such a beautiful scale material. Thanks for posting, great work as always!

woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  9. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
  11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Love it! That custom blade shape you picked looks amazing too :thumbsup::D

tgtodd, Fullflat and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  12. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    :thumbsup::D

You cut anything with it yet? how do you like the ~.010" thick edge?

Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    I'm still using my Kuros every day, it's been my EDC since I finished it a month or two ago. It functioned really well on pb washers but I just recently switched to teflon and it's literally drop shut now w/ no play, if you weren't careful you would mistake it for being on bearings probably.

The edge is a little thicker w/ the hollow grind, around .020-.025" thick at 15 dps but I wanted to be able to use it hard

[​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, WValtakis, ErocSD and 6 others like this.
  15. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Cut anything with it? I've cut everything with it. Slices wonderfully and still hasn't needed a touch up.

16. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I'm hoping the REK book opens up again soon so I can jump on the bandwagon

17. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Love that shot! Can't believe that turned out with the sun right behind it haha

woodysone likes this.
  19. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    The other 29 didn't. :D

20. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I can seriously relate to this statement with my very limited photography skills. Shoot early and often and hope something turns out well enough to post.

Fantastic job on this knife Josh! It all comes together so well. Definitely my favorite of your projects so far. Makes me anxious to see your front flipper come to life. :thumbsup:

Phil

woodysone and razor-edge-knives like this.