REK'd knives in action? Let's see 'em!!

REK Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I rarely get to see/hear how the knives I've modded perform after some use, so I would love to see pics (use or glamour shots!) and hear feedback on how they are doing! Post yours up below!

Last edited:
2v2Ehm62rxAWtWs.jpg

Josh rebladed this rock-solid, Hall of Fame Rukus 610 for me a while back, and it's been my EDC ever since. The steel is Vanax SuperClean, probably the best balanced knife steel. It's used only in custom or high-end production knives today (called Vanax 37 in Shirogorov knives). Super fine grained, so it easily takes and holds a fine edge. It's the toughest of the stainless powder steels. It's almost completely stainless -- maybe H1 is better, but it's close. It replaces the stock 4.25-inch S30V steel blade. I've chopped and whacked and sliced and diced and never had a chip or a roll, even with a 30-degree inclusive edge that is just 0.015 inches wide at the shoulders. (The black G10 scales are an optional scale from Benchmade.)

This was an awesome knife with the stock blade. The REK reblade made it epic.

2v2Ehm62rxAWtWs.jpg

Josh rebladed this rock-solid, Hall of Fame Rukus 610 for me a while back, and it's been my EDC ever since. The steel is Vanax SuperClean, probably the best balanced knife steel. It's used only in custom or high-end production knives today (called Vanax 37 in Shirogorov knives). Super fine grained, so it easily takes and holds a fine edge. It's the toughest of the stainless powder steels. It's almost completely stainless -- maybe H1 is better, but it's close. It replaces the stock 4.25-inch S30V steel blade. I've chopped and whacked and sliced and diced and never had a chip or a roll, even with a 30-degree inclusive edge that is just 0.015 inches wide at the shoulders. (The black G10 scales are an optional scale from Benchmade.)

This was an awesome knife with the stock blade. The REK reblade made it epic.
Yesss! Love to see you still carrying that!!

I'm still using my Kuros every day, it's been my EDC since I finished it a month or two ago. It functioned really well on pb washers but I just recently switched to teflon and it's literally drop shut now w/ no play, if you weren't careful you would mistake it for being on bearings probably.

The edge is a little thicker w/ the hollow grind, around .020-.025" thick at 15 dps but I wanted to be able to use it hard

i-m4VwK24-X2.jpg

The other 29 didn't. :D

I can seriously relate to this statement with my very limited photography skills. Shoot early and often and hope something turns out well enough to post.

Fantastic job on this knife Josh! It all comes together so well. Definitely my favorite of your projects so far. Makes me anxious to see your front flipper come to life. :thumbsup:

Phil

Back