1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 49 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Prize Pack , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

REK'd knives in action? Let's see 'em!!

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 5, 2019.

1. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

It bit me yesterday. I bobbled it while cutting something and out of reflex went to catch it with my other hand... drove the tip about halfway into my hand between my ring and middle finger. At least it's a clean cut and I didn't drop the knife. :confused:

2. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Well I'm glad the knife's OK :D:D

woodysone and BilboBaggins like this.
  3. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    So am I! My hand's magic. It fixes itself.

4. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Finally had to sharpen the 940 today. Ran the edge across a box staple hiding under some packing tape. It was still sharp of course, just not quite up to my usual standard.

10dps and still just a tiny little bevel. A testament to just how thin Josh manages to get the grind.

Josh, you need to crank some more stuff out man. I'm getting a little lonely in here. :p:D

5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Dang nice edge dude I bet that 10dps is insane... Microbevel at all?

6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Every edge Bryce has done for me has been killer, just got back a slip joint that has perfect bevels, I now wish he would sharpen all my users.

7. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    Nah. I'll add one with touch ups.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Curious how it will hold up at those angles... I had my kitchen knife (m390) at 11dps and it chipped out bad on some crusty bread haha

9. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I can’t currently carry the Kapara Josh did for me since I shredded my thumb on my Pac Salt this weekend. As soon as the stitches get out, I’ll put up some pics!!

10. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    This XM24 went in as a Spanto and came back with a 600 grit high, large radius hollow grind with the swedge finished to match the primary and the flats left with the original Hinderer coarse stonewash. Add in a scary-sharp edge and Josh's first use of his then newly-minted REK logo and this is one special and totally different knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    That was a few years back!! Can't believe you still have it....that's awesome! Yeah you are right, that's the first ever blade I used my new logo on iirc ;):thumbsup:

Sharp & Fiery, JJ_Colt45 and ChazzyP like this.
  12. BilboBaggins

Feb 14, 2016
    Stitches are still in, but here's a pic anyway!

[​IMG]

13. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    What are the odds I can get a choil cut in this Crossroads?

[​IMG]

JJ_Colt45 and woodysone like this.
  14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Odds are very good :D shoot me an email

Josh at razoredgeknives.com

15. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    No major flaws so far. I've cut some cardboard, zip ties and leather with it. Could probably use a quick strop at the belly, but it's still plenty sharp.

[​IMG]

16. BilboBaggins

Feb 14, 2016
    I know you've heard it, but that thing is stunning. I like it more and more with every pic.

17. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    It looks like so much more then pocket jewelry, is this your EDC Bryce?

18. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    About 80% of the time, yeah. I still carry my Spydercos from time to time, but me carrying the 940 would be a safe bet.

19. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    It looks like it would make a great EDC as long as you can keep it sharp, lol. Josh sure did a nice job on it, would you do it again?

20. T.L.E. Sharp

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't know how likely Josh is to do another run like this in the future, but I'd certainly be happy to spend the time and money all over again. I ended up with what effectively amounts to a one-off Platinum class (better than gold) Benchmade 940 for half the price of a gold class.

Sharp & Fiery and woodysone like this.