REK'd knives in action? Let's see 'em!!

IMG-20191108-175509-695.jpg

It bit me yesterday. I bobbled it while cutting something and out of reflex went to catch it with my other hand... drove the tip about halfway into my hand between my ring and middle finger. At least it's a clean cut and I didn't drop the knife. :confused:

IMG-20191108-175509-695.jpg

It bit me yesterday. I bobbled it while cutting something and out of reflex went to catch it with my other hand... drove the tip about halfway into my hand between my ring and middle finger. At least it's a clean cut and I didn't drop the knife. :confused:

Well I'm glad the knife's OK :D:D

20191116-131109.jpg

Finally had to sharpen the 940 today. Ran the edge across a box staple hiding under some packing tape. It was still sharp of course, just not quite up to my usual standard.

10dps and still just a tiny little bevel. A testament to just how thin Josh manages to get the grind.

Josh, you need to crank some more stuff out man. I'm getting a little lonely in here. :p:D

20191116-131109.jpg

Finally had to sharpen the 940 today. Ran the edge across a box staple hiding under some packing tape. It was still sharp of course, just not quite up to my usual standard.

10dps and still just a tiny little bevel. A testament to just how thin Josh manages to get the grind.

Josh, you need to crank some more stuff out man. I'm getting a little lonely in here. :p:D
Dang nice edge dude I bet that 10dps is insane... Microbevel at all?

20191116-131109.jpg

I can’t currently carry the Kapara Josh did for me since I shredded my thumb on my Pac Salt this weekend. As soon as the stitches get out, I’ll put up some pics!!

This XM24 went in as a Spanto and came back with a 600 grit high, large radius hollow grind with the swedge finished to match the primary and the flats left with the original Hinderer coarse stonewash. Add in a scary-sharp edge and Josh's first use of his then newly-minted REK logo and this is one special and totally different knife.

tzcNsnT.jpg

YNsrX30.jpg

iUaJB2W.jpg

This XM24 went in as a Spanto and came back with a 600 grit high, large radius hollow grind with the swedge finished to match the primary and the flats left with the original Hinderer coarse stonewash. Add in a scary-sharp edge and Josh's first use of his then newly-minted REK logo and this is one special and totally different knife.

tzcNsnT.jpg

YNsrX30.jpg

iUaJB2W.jpg
That was a few years back!! Can't believe you still have it....that's awesome! Yeah you are right, that's the first ever blade I used my new logo on iirc ;):thumbsup:

Curious how it will hold up at those angles... I had my kitchen knife (m390) at 11dps and it chipped out bad on some crusty bread haha
No major flaws so far. I've cut some cardboard, zip ties and leather with it. Could probably use a quick strop at the belly, but it's still plenty sharp.

IMG-20191201-204602-842.jpg

It looks like it would make a great EDC as long as you can keep it sharp, lol. Josh sure did a nice job on it, would you do it again?

I don't know how likely Josh is to do another run like this in the future, but I'd certainly be happy to spend the time and money all over again. I ended up with what effectively amounts to a one-off Platinum class (better than gold) Benchmade 940 for half the price of a gold class.

Back