REK'd knives in action? Let's see 'em!!

IMG-20191212-160848-148.jpg

Couple’a REK’d paper towel slicers in from Josh today...

He took my Infinidu down from ~.034 BTE to .015 BTE. He convexed the shoulder/bevel at my request, so it looks deceptively wider than it really is due to the polish. It was also swedge-ified.

The skink came out to see what all the REK fuss is about.

Uc1xQ4d.jpg

y0doNiz.jpg

Josh also made my Southfork a LOT more Phil Wilson-like. Took this one from the low 20’s down to .008 BTE. :) Put it next to my Phil Wilson custom here for a family shot.

ABrEMSW.jpg

yfubR6J.jpg

60931396-455B-4B32-A2CE-53259FDACB73.jpeg 44E1E6DF-82AF-4FD0-8435-2132884DB99C.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to post this for a few weeks..

I got lucky recently, had a shot at a Re Grind. I couldn’t be happier, or more impressed than I am.

Had a Calavera Cutlery El Patron user.. it was beat on, poorly sharpened, thrown in and out of my pocket and work bags for almost 2 years. I never liked the huge Ricasso or giant bulbous flipper tab, wanted more cutting edge , and most importantly- I wanted the knife to CUT.

Josh worked his magic ! Not only is the mod work incredible- the action is night / day better !! That knife cuts like a laser beam, scary sharp.

There are many reasons I’ll continue to send my knives to REK Knives REK Knives for mod work.

I feel pretty confident saying that Josh is one of the , if not , the best in the business. Serious skills , customer service second to none.

Thank you !!

View attachment 1523743 View attachment 1523744

I’ve been meaning to post this for a few weeks..

I got lucky recently, had a shot at a Re Grind. I couldn’t be happier, or more impressed than I am.

Had a Calavera Cutlery El Patron user.. it was beat on, poorly sharpened, thrown in and out of my pocket and work bags for almost 2 years. I never liked the huge Ricasso or giant bulbous flipper tab, wanted more cutting edge , and most importantly- I wanted the knife to CUT.

Josh worked his magic ! Not only is the mod work incredible- the action is night / day better !! That knife cuts like a laser beam, scary sharp.

There are many reasons I’ll continue to send my knives to REK Knives REK Knives for mod work.

I feel pretty confident saying that Josh is one of the , if not , the best in the business. Serious skills , customer service second to none.

Thank you !!

So awesome brother, thanks for the kind words! Glad I could get that fixed up for you!

These still get used at work...:)
View attachment 1523770

Man I remember those!! I love you decided to keep the logo and doing the sculpting around it!!

So awesome brother, thanks for the kind words! Glad I could get that fixed up for you!

Man I remember those!! I love you decided to keep the logo and doing the sculpting around it!!

I may have thought to keep the logo, but it was definitely your sculpting skills and creativity that got these bad boys looking slick. :)

It's been just over 2 years and this overhaul on my ZT 0640 by Josh is still my absolute favorite EDC. You knocked it out of the park with this one man!
RdUowAu.jpg
What’s your experience with the timascus and it’s durability? I’ve been interested in maybe getting some timascus stuff.
Are those actual scratches or just the anodization wearing off?

What’s your experience with the timascus and it’s durability? I’ve been interested in maybe getting some timascus stuff.
Are those actual scratches or just the anodization wearing off?
I'd say it's just like regular titanium, but the nature of the anodization makes scratches very obvious. In this case, those are very shallow scratches but I'm a landscaper and have to squeeze between hedges and concrete walls often enough to abuse clips like that. I have other sculpted titanium clips with similar scratches but they were already stonewashed finishes so they don't look so bad. I did manage to bend this clip outwards when a taught wire I walked past ripped the knife out of my pocket, but it bent back to normal easily.

I'd say it's just like regular titanium, but the nature of the anodization makes scratches very obvious. In this case, those are very shallow scratches but I'm a landscaper and have to squeeze between hedges and concrete walls often enough to abuse clips like that. I have other sculpted titanium clips with similar scratches but they were already stonewashed finishes so they don't look so bad. I did manage to bend this clip outwards when a taught wire I walked past ripped the knife out of my pocket, but it bent back to normal easily.
I see, ok. Thanks!

Back