Remade scales

Lee D

BANNED
i recently ordered a set of the black nylon scales they’re selling for my deluxe tinker and was curious if anyone had experience with them. Anyone?...if not I’ll chime in when I get them with my thoughts.

Well you made me go order a set of them too... You'll probably get yours first, so I'll stand by and wait to hear your thoughts :)

I first learned of them on a Facebook page, and I’ve been following it for a couple months now. They’re not exactly going to break the bank, so I decided to give them a try. Fingers crossed, I’m not a fan of red factory scales but I’ve become quite fond of the deluxe tinker they will be going on.

“Out for delivery” ...I hope they don’t disappoint, I’ve been looking forward to them all weekend

No surprises to report, after removing the factory scales I looked over the remade nylons and was pleased with them.
I flexed, twisted, and bent them to a pretty extreme angle and they seem to be quite durable. There were very few tools required, I simply put them between two books, and used a c-clamp to press them on and they aren’t going anywhere.
Love this Vic and all the tools it brings to the table, but Im not a fan of the red scales and wanted something unique. They have a nice texture that will help them from becoming slippery when wet and the nylon will look better imo than the factory ones after keys or whatever else you carry in your pocket starts to scuff them up.
Well worth the money imo and I would recommend them to anyone looking to “spruce up” an old favorite SAK. I hope this was helpful (I’m not very good at doing reviews), and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

No surprises to report, after removing the factory scales I looked over the remade nylons and was pleased with them.
I flexed, twisted, and bent them to a pretty extreme angle and they seem to be quite durable. There were very few tools required, I simply put them between two books, and used a c-clamp to press them on and they aren’t going anywhere.
Love this Vic and all the tools it brings to the table, but Im not a fan of the red scales and wanted something unique. They have a nice texture that will help them from becoming slippery when wet and the nylon will look better imo than the factory ones after keys or whatever else you carry in your pocket starts to scuff them up.
Well worth the money imo and I would recommend them to anyone looking to “spruce up” an old favorite SAK. I hope this was helpful (I’m not very good at doing reviews), and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you for the review, Lee. I might be interested in these scales and I do have a couple questions if you don't mind.

Would you happen to have a picture? If not, would you be so kind as to PM me with the website that you bought yours from?

Thanks very much for your help.

Thank you for the review, Lee. I might be interested in these scales and I do have a couple questions if you don't mind.

Would you happen to have a picture? If not, would you be so kind as to PM me with the website that you bought yours from?

Thanks very much for your help.

Me too... :thumbsup::D
John

Me 3 !!
@Lee good review... "flexed, twisted, and bent them to a pretty extreme angle and they seem to be quite durable." sold me. I like the red nylon replacement scales and black would be a nice for variety. Thanks for your input.

Ok how bout ordering black and replacing one side on one knife and the other side on another knife and go for a couple of red and black scaled knives. Guess to keep them all nylon you would order a black and a red set? Just a wild thought?

I have some black remade scales on my Waiter. A huge upgrade in appearance and feel in my book. Toothpick and tweezers fit more snugly than original scales and it even has the tiny holy under the corkscrew for the pin. I’d definitely order them again for any non Alox Sak. I’ll post a pic later.

Toothpick and tweezers fit more snugly than original scales and it even has the tiny holy under the corkscrew for the pin.
Excellent points that I forgot to mention. (Told you all I wasn’t very good at reviews lol)

Ok how bout ordering black and replacing one side on one knife and the other side on another knife and go for a couple of red and black scaled knives. Guess to keep them all nylon you would order a black and a red set? Just a wild thought?
I plan on doing black and olive drab for my Huntsman. It rides around in my wife’s purse and the factory scales are looking pretty rough.

Slightly off topic .....there's a certain very large and popular auction site. Search for "Custom wooden scales for Victorinox SAK" and you'll see some very nice looking custom wooden scales for Victorinox SAK. ;) They even have slots for the tweezers and toothpick. I haven't tried 'em yet, but I'm quite intrigued. The guy who makes them is in Serbia.

Mine arrived the other day. Put 'em on a Compact and am really liking them so far. I'm a sucker for the Victorinox nylon scales, and these are dare I say, even better! Good texture, not too rough, and they even have the pin hole under the corkscrew.

Mc3HGQ7.jpg

I like those. And now they won’t show any scratches. Ball park on the price please?

Back