Remember this guy?

DerekH

Handsome According to my Mother
attachment.php

attachment.php

Way back when, not too long after finally venturing out into the wide world of Bladeforums, I found this WIP thread, with this crazy cool modern stylized WSK knife. Turns out it was in fact Mr. Terrio that managed to make that fine piece of work. I think it is important to remember, because it showed something quite different from your normal knives, and really showcased your abilities. It couldn't have been easy to make, especially with so many parts requiring filing by hand instead. So now, several years later, looking back on this knife what would you have done differently? What would stay the same? Would you still take on that sort of project now?

The original WIP thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/895199-Wsk-wip

So now, several years later, looking back on this knife what would you have done differently?

First of all, I would have charged at least twice as much.

Bear in mind that everything you see there was done 100% by hand, including cutting out the profile, drilling the requisite holes, the jimping, the serrations, the milled recesses on the scales and last but not least, the four (count 'em, four) different grinds on the blade itself. The only thing that was done by machine/CNC is the checkering on the G10 scales. Likewise, the sheath required a great deal of hand work.

That project was a remarkable challenge, and I'm very proud that I made it happen.

Back